DCI SOUTHEASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP OFFICIAL THREAD

get over yourself, grow up, and don't be such a downer. it's not about you, it's about the kids.

Ah Poop Jeremy, I'm sorry.

How ironic that the cheese contest was announced right before Phantom's performance haha

I see what you did there

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but I feel way less invested in DCI this year as a result of this damm DCI Live thing. I love the shows (some of the best ever), but the fact that I can't rewatch them at my convenience is pretty frustrating. My schedule prevents me from watching almost all of the streamed shows during the week ... and I have not been able to watch an entire Saturday broadcast all season (though I am usually able to catch the top 7-10 or so, in terms of placement). Normally, I would go back and watch some of the shows I missed during the week, but can't this year. In the past, I've typically spent a lot of time watching archived shows from past years during DCI season too. Now, I find that I hardly think of DCI during the week at all. There are a handful of world class shows that I have not even seen this year, which never would have happened in the past. Hopefully, they get their crap together for next season and get the replays and archives back up.

I think almost everyone feels the same way. Or maybe I'd put it like this: with the amazing top-5 race this year, I'm more invested in these corps than ever. The shows this season will almost certainly rank among the best ever. But DCI as an organization has demonstrated either ineptitude, disregard for their audience, or cowardice in the face of a legal threat that would almost certainly not stand if actually brought to a judge. I suspect the latter is the case, and if so then a lot of the blame goes to the predatory legal team of the music industry that continues to adopt a cut-off-my-nose-to-spite-my-face strategy regarding the internet.

• Like 1