DCI SOUTHEASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP OFFICIAL THREAD

SCV is my favorite show of the year ... amazing ballad.

• Like 2

I hope you aren't a parent of a MM with that attitude.

No, I'm a horn student that sought out J.D. Shaw because I fell in love with what he did with Phantom Regiment. He ended up leaving florida and teaching at my University. Studied under him and I think he's incredible. Since he left Phantom (minus Turandot) their shows have been kinda dull in comparison. It's not an attitude, it's an opinion.

Notice I say NOTHING about the kids, just the show design.

Edited by Jeremy.
  • Like 3

I dont understand what was necessarily wrong with what Jeremy said. Ever since Shaw left Phantom I have not enjoyed a single show from them. The identity I personally fell in love with DID leave with JD.

Then I feel sorry for people like you. All corps lose staff but the supporters don't throw in the towel because the shows don't meet their expectations. The kids need support not grief from the supposed adults. You support a corps through good and bad times. Try fixing the problems instead of being so critical .Feel bad for the MM.

• Like 1

Does he need to? DCI gave us not-the-full-audio-setup for, arguably, the 2nd biggest show of the year

You don't just "throw up a couple mics". Every corps has different speakers with different focal lengths and they EQ and mix and place them differently. Add that to having to cue all that in on the fly for each corps and you have quite an involved process. Edited by lastknight

BK had my favorite show last year. It's slowly becoming my favorite this year. Come on BK...go for top 5!

The power of the great mind that resides in Marc Sylvester. There are few people like him in drum corps.

• Like 1