Tailgating in Allentown

Hi Folks...quick question: Do people still tailgate in the park by J. Birney Crum Stadium? We did it all the time when I was younger, but as I've gotten older, I haven't seen as much tailgating. I've searched every corner of the internet, and I can't seem to find anything saying one isn't permitted to tailgate...any insights?

Thanks!

Ryan

Ryan, the parking in the area closest to the lake has been limited to buses only (on the road). No more car parking on grass there. There are car parking lots closer to the swimming pool side. The corps spill over the entire park to warm up. People do picnic, take coolers and snacks ALL over the park anyway, with many sitting on blankets. The neighborhood across Hamilton Blvd. has plenty of available street parking, and those streets are clean and safe. BUT, crossing Hamilton Blvd, anywhere else but at the 24th Street traffic light can be dangerous. Be very careful if you try.

Thanks, Fred...Hmm...wondering if I should be brazen enough to fire up a grill and cook some food! If you see a guy getting taken away in handcuffs while tending to hamburgers, we'll all have our answer!

We've been doing it for years, and so have quite a few others with much bigger and more organized parties; if you walk up the street that leads right into bus alley on the back side of the stadium, you'll see plenty of tailgating tents, tables, food, and grills on both afternoons leading up to show time. The park has little grill stands setup all around down towards the pool end of the park so it's certainly allowed (unless there is some unenforced ordinance that says only those things can be used for open fires), but we have either brought small charcoal table top kettle grills and/or portable thermos propane grills and have never been approached for using them (nor for consuming open container adult beverages either). Feel free to cook up your burgers without need to be looking over your shoulder for the man... and enjoy the warmups while you kick back ;)