TOC Carolina - and the fan favorite will be?

Music Analysis for BD doesn't look good. What is causing that and what can BD do to correct that? Also is MA judged on field or up in the booth?

They got dinged for that last night too. Ensemble wise they're playing some really difficult stuff, often spread out across the field. The section after the Kpop has been spotty the last two nights.

I wasn't aware they had a championship. Isn't that what they mean by the whole Tour of Champions?

Which to return to the subject of the first few pages, leaves the question of whether Bluecoats' non-DCI lower-division championship in the late 1970s ought to count any more than the multiple more recent DCI lower-division championships by Mandarins, Pioneer, and so on.

What are the judges thinking!? Don't they follow DCP? How dare them go against DCP protocol LMAO.

Who knows? What were they thinking last night, when they had Scouts only 0.7 behind Phantom?

Which, as I noted in the Atlanta thread, is closer than Bluecoats were to Cadets in Atlanta last year. Everyone who mocks other people's hopes is right until events prove him wrong.

Only .5 seperating 1st from 5th in music. The biggest gap is GE with 1.3 gap between 1st and 5th, followed by a .8 gap in visual between 1st and 5th.

Overall gap is 1.8, pretty dang close!

I would love it if there was a queryable database for DCI scores

Crown's Ode to Joy is simply missing the choral part. I know that turning up the synth choir to the level of the brass is probably not going to happen, but for the full effect of that moment as Beethoven envisioned it, it needs to have a full choir backing a full orchestra. I think the size limit should be waived so the Mormon Tabernacle Choir can perform and the New York Philharmonic can substitute for Crown's brass and percussion sections. Because that is what drum corps, at its very essence, is all about.

Fixed. :ninja:

• Like 2

This is from Hop's FB:

"Ok - grateful

Now the fun begins

Three days of rehearsals and the grand change on Thursday evening

We are on last - we will be ready and a bit more powerful

We have plans to unleash a bit at the hits. This along with the color scheme will certainly have an impact ; of this I am certain"

Hop knows how to start some hype

• Like 1