TOC Carolina - and the fan favorite will be?

Hopkins wanted the TOC's right? Each corps would be close to the fans and viable during the show, right?

Why were the Cadets the only corps without a drum major tonight for scores? Thea announcer said they left.

Maybe they had other #### to do? Maybe a member got sick. Maybe someone had a train to catch. Maybe maybe maybe. And I am trying to be a smart ###.

• Like 5

I am disappointed that the annoumcer trotted out that same speech about the kids playing with pots and pans today are the drum corps performers of the future, blah, blah, blah... It was sweet the first time I heard it. Now, it's just annoying that he doesn't have new material and just repeats last season's announcement.

• Like 2

I am disappointed that the annoumcer trotted out that same speech about the kids playing with pots and pans today are the drum corps performers of the future, blah, blah, blah... It was sweet the first time I heard it. Now, it's just annoying that he doesn't have new material and just repeats last season's announcement.

I think it's been the same since like 2004 lol

• Like 1

BD starting to lag behind in brass. Phantom completely swept Madison. I think that's the first time this season that has happened.

Yeah, I was surprised by this, but I wasn't there. Only saw a periscope of Phantom and they did look really good. Still hoping for Madison to make it close with Phantom. Both corps starting to clean nicely and their show designs are starting to gel and really hit the audience. To me, if Phantom had drill that was slightly less chaotic (all the jazz running) and if they took out the audio clips, that show would challenge BK for 6th with how they are performing now. But the design isn't there to challenge BK, at least I don't think it is.

Edited by jwillis35

As for Cadets not being at DM retreat. Could be any number of things. I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Housing could have changed that caused additional hours in transport. Could have been vehicle issues...who knows.

On his FB page he sounds "grateful" that they scored well considering the early start and what he calls and inconsistent performance. He mentions that they will be working for bigger hit points in brass and percussion over the next three days in addition to the color scheme changing. Below is a photo of a flag design they will use, I assume.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153056680686911&set=p.10153056680686911&type=1&theater

Cavies will be staying in NC one additional day due to bus issues. They will be in Northern Virginia tomorrow.

We will do our best to make sure they are taken care of when they arrive. We have storms forecasted on and off today so it may be a good thing that they will be in NC for additional day.

Tuesday is forecasted to be sunny all day and we look forward to their arrival in Purcellville.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

Bloo was sloppy. First I've seen of them, so hoping it was the new material. Love their show. It's hard to make up two points in two weeks but Crown has basically done that. I think SCV has pretty much met their upside relative to the top 4. I thought they might sneak into 4th last night.

I liked Phantom's show more than I thought I would.

Some uncharacteristic drops and such from the Cadets, but their drill is pretty amazing.

Missing out on my home show this year because I moved to Florida, but what a lineup and what a year for Nightbeat! New stadium, all the top corps, the hometown corps coming off a huge win, it's going to be an epic show. I REALLY want to see Bloo make a move on 3rd, and I think they have a great place in the lineup to do it. I also hope Crown can hold on to the lead to give them more momentum going into next weekend.

Still no word on Cavaliers? The NC crowd gave them a lot of love last year, and I hope they can get back on the field tonight.

Since a few people have chosen to nit-pick on statements...I'll join in...

...and since Blue Knights are not there "all" is inaccurate....even though this was decided pre-season...haha

As for Cadets not being at DM retreat. Could be any number of things. I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Housing could have changed that caused additional hours in transport. Could have been vehicle issues...who knows.

On his FB page he sounds "grateful" that they scored well considering the early start and what he calls and inconsistent performance. He mentions that they will be working for bigger hit points in brass and percussion over the next three days in addition to the color scheme changing. Below is a photo of a flag design they will use, I assume.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153056680686911&set=p.10153056680686911&type=1&theater

That flag is what they've been using in the closer already.