Reviews (Atlanta, NightBeat?)

Sunday night, NightBEAT turned Wake Forest University's BB&T Field in what I can only describe as my "Field of Dreams." Great turnout (8400+), nice weather and visiting with Carolina Crown friends I've known for 20 years. Crown winning would've been the sprinkles on the cupcake, but only .025 separated them from The Blue Devils Drum & Bugle Corps.. TheDCI.org live streaming of BD's show doesn't give it justice. After watching it live Sunday, I "get it." Crown is still favorite to win its second championship, but coming in second to BD is no slouch. For those in Winston-Salem attending NightBEAT Tour of Champions at it's new home, expect only bigger and better things in the future! Also a shout out to The Cavaliers Drum and Bugle Corps, who marched in exhibition without 30 of its members missing to a 24-hour virus, They had to withdraw from DCI Southeastern Championship Saturday because too many members were sick, but WANTED to perform in Winston-Salem.

• Like 1