Sad State

I wonder if the reason why DCI is not communicating well about this is because they are under some kind of gag order from their lawyers. And they don't have enough experience with a situation like this to help them communicate appropriately. I am worried this is going to diminish DCI quite a bit if this stays as is.

To all the naysayers, be patient, it's is being worked and the licensing issues are being resolved.

• Like 1

I have a lot of the "old" VHS tapes and some DVDs. Let me know if you want them. I have given up teaching band and really don't have a use for them anymore. I was thinking about donating them to a university library (Univ. of Kansas). I wanted to give drills and charts to a future band director.

I just contacted DCI and asked- "if it is likely, or even possible, that 2015 Blu Rays will NEVER be available due to licensing issues. If so, does that mean that the Live stream could POTENTIALLY be the last chance to ever see these shows again?"

The reply I got was-

Thank you for emailing Drum Corps International. We have every intention of producing a 2015 Blu-Ray, DVD and CD as we have in the past.

Sincerely,

Kathy
Drum Corps International
  • Like 1

I just contacted DCI and asked- "if it is likely, or even possible, that 2015 Blu Rays will NEVER be available due to licensing issues. If so, does that mean that the Live stream could POTENTIALLY be the last chance to ever see these shows again?"

The reply I got was-

Best news I have heard today!

The reply I got was-

Of course they have every "intention" - whether that actually ends up working out or not is another story. A person may have every intention to make it to work or school safely tomorrow morning - doesn't mean that it will actually happen.

This is not a DCI issue - it's a copyright issue and is only going to get worse for the marching arts/pageantry activity. It's already bad for WGI. It's becoming more and more of a problem for the high school circuits, but they are also less "out there" compared to DCI and WGI. My students still haven't recieved their DVDs they ordered from BOA performances from 2014 also.

Bottom line: Not DCI's fault... but DCI is also working on it.

Edited by Lead
  • Like 1

And a DCA issue... all we have is DCA Weekend....

I wonder if the reason why DCI is not communicating well about this is because they are under some kind of gag order from their lawyers. And they don't have enough experience with a situation like this to help them communicate appropriately. I am worried this is going to diminish DCI quite a bit if this stays as is.

possibly. But honestly....and maybe I'm wrong, but they hold off on announcing the changes to what we have this year til the last minute to the #### storm would die down once shows started and we got hung up on scores.