Sad State

And a DCA issue... all we have is DCA Weekend....

well a lot of that is due to the facilities they run shows in

I wonder if the reason why DCI is not communicating well about this is because they are under some kind of gag order from their lawyers.

If so, that lawyer gag order did not preclude DCI from themselves retrieving the unavailable to the public 2014 BD Finals Performance and broadcasting that show to the public via this season's DCI Cinema telecast. Apparently, whatever copyright issues might be an unexplainable, non communicative issue from DCI to the public, insofar as last season's Blue Devils show is concerned anyway, there are no unresolved copyright issues.

Edited by BRASSO

Call me a tech dino, but this is why I have been buying the CDs and DVDs/Blu-rays every year. I do not trust that VoD will always be available. I am not alone, as a decent amount of CDs/DVD/Blu-ray are sold annually by DCI. I do not expect this will change in the near term.

• Like 4

Agree Tim, if it appears on the web it can disappear from the web. Have been collecting info from websites over the years to compile a database of historic scores. Sad how many sites have gone away since I started. After learning the hard way I save copies and burn 'em to CD.

Call me a tech dino, but this is why I have been buying the CDs and DVDs/Blu-rays every year. I do not trust that VoD will always be available. I am not alone, as a decent amount of CDs/DVD/Blu-ray are sold annually by DCI. I do not expect this will change in the near term.

Agreed that right now owning official hard copies looks like a good choice to have made.

But you do not expect what will change in the near term? Right now you can't buy any previous season videos or order 2015 DCI championship videos from DCI. So what does that mean for this season for you?

This situation is just unacceptable. The lost revenue to DCI has got to be big. It is inexcusable & CEO's get fired for such things. Change is needed & it should start at the top. It's time.

Edited by FlamMan

This situation is just unacceptable. The lost revenue to DCI has got to be big. It is inexcusable & CEO's get fired for such things. Change is needed & it should start at the top. It's time.

the problem isn't that DCI did something wrong with licensing...it's that a mega merger decided to change how the rules in place should be interpreted. That's not DCi's fault at all. The only thing I can fault DCi for is how they communicated the issue to their fans

• Like 1