Tour of Champions Chester- Official Thread 7/30

Rainout. Indoor standstill. Hop keeps the new uniforms under wraps to ensure they're dry for Allentown.

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Ponchos?

Rainout. Indoor standstill. Hop keeps the new uniforms under wraps to ensure they're dry for Allentown.

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

There will be no rainout.

• Like 1

So the forecast really hasn't changed much since yesterday.

What does this all mean for the show...

Currently a line of showers and thunderstorms are stretching from well into Canada all the way down to the border of North Carolina. They start from about Mont Tremblant Canada, through Syracuse NY, Ithaca NY, getting close to Lewisburg PA, passing through Huntingdon PA, coming into Frostburg VA, stretching south to Lewisburg WV ending in Wytheville VA.

Meanwhile in Chester, skies are Mostly Cloudy with some sunbreaks at times, temps are around 80 with low to mid 70's dewpoints. CAPE (convective energy...power for storms) is running around 1000J/kg, which is just ok for Severe weather. No CAP (suppressing warm layer of air in the atmosphere above the surface) is in place currently. Id expect the CAPE to increase a bit before this afternoon. SPC has the entire area in the Marginal Risk category (lowest) for Severe weather this afternoon

Timing is gonna be everything for this show. It will rain and possibly storm sometime in the afternoon and or evening in Chester. Would almost guarantee that looking at radar trends and knowing how things work. Will this affect the show? Won't know that until this afternoon comes, I can give a much more accurate timing guess once the atmosphere shows its hand. . If there is any silver lining to this all, it seems the line will be rather thin only lasting an hour or so as it passes through.

I'll update again this afternoon :)

If you are correct and any storm only lasts an hour or so, then I would think the show would be delayed rather than rained out.

If you are correct and any storm only lasts an hour or so, then I would think the show would be delayed rather than rained out.

Yes for sure. I can't see a rainout. Delay...maybe....but rainout would surprise me.

I'll update again this afternoon :)

Thanks for the updates!

• Like 1

1. 93.25 BD (ending completed with some beautiful surprises, character development, percussion so much cleaner, and the INK will finally be clean. I mean that INK drill set that has been a bit off all season will be perfect.

2. 93.10 Crown Their guard will get 2nd and percussion 6th, so even though they beat BD in GE music and brass. they come in second but by just .15

3. 92.20 Cadets Uniforms will make their crazy awesome drill look less crazy and awesome with the change from light to dark. A great corps going on last at what is basically a home show. Unfortunately for them, they will find themselves behind the leaders by a point.

4. 91.95 SCV Drill is getting clean and their percussion will pull them barely ahead of Bloo and barely behind Cadets

5. 91.90 Bloo I enjoy this show, but it does not have the same impact as last years.

6. 87.15 Phantom Regiment is making a bit of a late run.

7. 87.00 Cavaliers

No matter how the corps place, it is exciting that we actually have a few corps that have a chance to win tonight and more importantly next weekend. I am sure my predictions are wrong, but it was just for fun. I will not apologize for my biased predictions.

edited for the many mistakes I made grammar, stuff that did not make sense, etc.... in my defense it was 4 AM.

Edited by jmc5682

Can anyone think of the last time there was a legitimate 3 horse race this late in the season.

Top three are all beatable. They've each bested each other. I still think Cadets have a bit more of an edge. I think uniform change will add to the intensity of them and let's face it, judges have seen all these corps multiple times so it gets stale so this may be a small boost for GE for Cadets. Whether it happens tonight, this weekend or next week I'm not sure.

• Like 1