Tour of Champions Chester- Official Thread 7/30

Black. Black. Everything is Black!

Sweet.

Ok wow. Cadets. My god. That was awesome. Keep those uniforms! They are so sharp. Seriously, the top 3 are so amazing. They could come in any order and I wouldn't argue it.

• Like 2

Ok wow. Cadets. My god. That was awesome. Keep those uniforms! They are so sharp. Seriously, the top 3 are so amazing. They could come in any order and I wouldn't argue it.

I wonder what would happen to DCP if Hop decides to make that the new go to Cadet uni? Lol

I wonder what would happen to DCP if Hop decides to make that the new go to Cadet uni? Lol

Pretty sure it's already been decided that the unis are going to be sold or given to C2

• Like 1

The Cadets:

They play really well. The play a lot. Theme? Who cares? The music that they're playing is fantastic, and they're playing it fantastically.

In terms of theme: I think that "The Power of Ten" has about as much relevance to this show as "Game On" has to the Cavaliers'. Which is to say, not much. They throw in some counting, some numbers, and some X's, but that's not really the point. The point of this show is to say, "We came here to play, we came here to move, and by golly that's what we're going to do."

The brass is very good, not quite on par with Crown or BD but definitely up there, maybe a smidge better than Bloo. Their side to side brass timing, while not quite as demanding as Bloo, is impeccable. In particular, their horn feature is outstanding, though I was a bit disappointed to see that it was amplified; it would be a great effect either way, but the amplification reveal (when the soloist was revealed to have been micd) was a little bit of a disappointment.

The battery is great, some ticks here and there but nothing major. One more week of cleaning will fix all of those problems. The front ensemble is active, though I there's a bit too much cymbal for my tastes (not unusual for Cadets shows). I appreciate the tambourine and crash cymbal parts, very appropriate and they give the players a chance to display no pitched percussion skills.

Pretty sure it's already been decided that the unis are going to be sold or given to C2

I know, but I like to ponder the "What ifs" about certain things.