Quincy?

Colts performed well. Guard looked especially great, ballad was a highlight. Great to see pit involved in selling the show theme.

I'm a fan of the style of show, but the execution on design is not quite where it needs to be. Too many ideas and dialogue that could have been edited. I consider them solidly on the bubble, but ending needs something else.

Rewinding a bit, OC is right where they belong between 17-21. Step back from last year in both performance and design. Brass not as strong as last year.

PC noticeable step up from OC for me, but the show design is lacking any semblance of clarity or intent. Well performed and should be above OC.

Troop is in their pre-show.

Thanks, I am glad for the sake of the performers and audiences that the show is going on and it doesn't seem like anything is faltering due to weather.

• Like 3

Eat 'em up BOSTON!!!!!!

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

OC strength this year is battery, which is prominently featured throughout the show

True. Bass line especially. But battery alone will not get them where I'm sure they were hoping based on pre-season discussions. All I kept hearing was how this was the greatest OC brass to date.

Troop was great, especially musically. Amazing ballad, powerful brass. I'm predicting they pass Colts tonight largely on account of music performance.

But I have to say, that's two corps in a row with major golden opportunities to showcase their brass section with musical selections that have amazing, recognizable melodies. Not to speak negatively of the singers, but they will never have the same impact that the brass could have. Both corps' designers totally missed the mark this year.

• Like 1

Troop was great, especially musically. Amazing ballad, powerful brass. I'm predicting they pass Colts tonight largely on account of music performance.

Maybe so, but Troop has been outscoring Colts in music captions by a decent margin for a while. It's the visual captions where Colts have had the edge

• Like 2

Maybe so, but Troop has been outscoring Colts in music captions by a decent margin for a while. It's the visual captions where Colts have had the edge

Having seen both of these corps several times...I think in terms of visual dirt that weighs on the side of Colts....that said I think they have the most room to grow going into finals week...love troop but I think they may be peaking...I will see both of them this Saturday...perhaps my opinion will change after that...

Edited by Liahona