ALLENTOWN - Day 1

After checking out the brass number I realized the Cavaliers had their lowest brass score since San Antonio.

In their defense, they have to be gassed after the devastating illness that took out over 50 members in the last week. It will take them a few days to get their endurance back.

• Like 2

Well, all the Blue Stars can do is put tonight's show behind them and prepare for the possibility of going on as the 12th or 13th place corps on Thursday and prove that they are better than that 83 they got.

They were 1.65 behind the Cavaliers, everyone went down a little bit. Madison was a little over a point behind them the other night. I am not AT ALL concerned about them.

• Like 1

They were 1.65 behind the Cavaliers, everyone went down a little bit. Madison was a little over a point behind them the other night. I am not AT ALL concerned about them.

The corps im most concerned about right now is cascades. There getting beat by alot of open class corps, and there semifinals chances are getting pretty low.

BStars beat BK in Guard- Stars won't be 12th

9-11 is their likely range

• Like 1

I think the poor kid just choked. He played ok for 1 or 2 beats, then just gaaked. He tried to get back in, but was too far off. He put his hand up to his face and just stopped. Luckily the keyboards came in flawlessly after that where they were supposed to. I was recently thinking how well he played that part in the past. Perfectly all year. Imagine the pressure on him at that moment. Hopefully he got it out of his system and will be fine next week.

Wasn't his fault. The mixer board lost power.

The corps im most concerned about right now is cascades. There getting beat by alot of open class corps, and there semifinals chances are getting pretty low.

No they haven't. That's the same logic used to say Colts were within .5 of Boston a few nights ago, when in reality Boston beat them by 2.5 at their next head to head. Comparing scores is absolutely meaningless unless they are head to head.

• Like 2

Wow, just noticed Cavies' brass score. Ouch. Is McGarr a new judge? Never heard of him.

Wow, just noticed Cavies' brass score. Ouch. Is McGarr a new judge? Never heard of him.

He's been around for a few years now. I know he also judges in my band's state conference (NYSFBC). Edited by Cadevilina Crown

Paul has been judging for a while. If he dumped them they deserved it. I can tell you that while I enjoyed Cavies' show, the brass line did sound weak a lot of the time, and had a host of tuning and other issues. Paul simply judged the show presented to him.

• Like 3