ALLENTOWN - Day 1

No they haven't. That's the same logic used to say Colts were within .5 of Boston a few nights ago, when in reality Boston beat them by 2.5 at their next head to head. Comparing scores is absolutely meaningless unless they are head to head.

Thats true. I didnt realize that.

I think the poor kid just choked. He played ok for 1 or 2 beats, then just gaaked. He tried to get back in, but was too far off. He put his hand up to his face and just stopped. Luckily the keyboards came in flawlessly after that where they were supposed to. I was recently thinking how well he played that part in the past. Perfectly all year. Imagine the pressure on him at that moment. Hopefully he got it out of his system and will be fine next week.

He's been an absolute machine every time I've heard him.

Paul has been judging for a while. If he dumped them they deserved it. I can tell you that while I enjoyed Cavies' show, the brass line did sound weak a lot of the time, and had a host of tuning and other issues. Paul simply judged the show presented to him.

Oops just realized how my post sounded. Wasn't questioning his score, just had never heard of him. I'm sure he called it how he saw it. I don't believe in judging conspiracies and whatnot

• Like 1

Not only are they great players, but those custom brass instruments made by King here in Eastlake Ohio are amazing. Best marching brass on the field I think, along with Kanstul.

I trust you. :cool:

+++

Minor Thread Drift: What is custom about the trombones? My dad was a trombone player and he liked the plain simple tbone, not the one with the F trigger, I think he said it was too heavy.

I did notice the Cavie's tbones had a lot of tubing over the shoulder/back, but for what purpose I don't know.

Oops just realized how my post sounded. Wasn't questioning his score, just had never heard of him. I'm sure he called it how he saw it. I don't believe in judging conspiracies and whatnot

Oh, I didn't read anything into your question. I just happened to be there tonight (though a bit farther away than he was).

+++

Minor Thread Drift: What is custom about the trombones? My dad was a trombone player and he liked the plain simple tbone, not the one with the F trigger, I think he said it was too heavy.

I did notice the Cavie's tbones had a lot of tubing over the shoulder/back, but for what purpose I don't know.

FWIW, I liked Cavies' use of the trombones tonight. They didn't sound blatty where I was, and it was actually a highlight of their show for me.

They did use bones with F-attachments, and on may have been a bass trombone...not quite sure as I was up top.

RE: The Academy: "Brass plays rings around Spirit Technically ( I agree) But only puts out half the sound, (Blame it on the #$%@#$$ Jupiter Horns-they are AWFUL!) But the price is right "free." Put them on Kings and you'd see a "World Class" of difference.

"If They (The Academy) had more power, they would be placing higher".. I most certainly..

+++

The guy on the end closest to the crowd is playing a double rotor bass trombone -- probably Bb-F-D. You can get the low D's and C's in 1st and 4th instead of #5th and a very flat 7th.

• Like 3

Does anyone have Crown's schedule for tomorrow in Allentown?

FWIW, I liked Cavies' use of the trombones tonight. They didn't sound blatty where I was, and it was actually a highlight of their show for me.

They did use bones with F-attachments, and on may have been a bass trombone...not quite sure as I was up top.

I love the Cavies bones sound. I think it is EXACTLY the way they want it and IMO fits perfectly with that section of the show.

• Like 1