Shuffle Off To Buffalo (TOC 8/2)

T ochran

Visual analysis judge I just question what are you looking at I assume running to your spot hits the Mark free-form not really doing anything just being a subject and In A confused and scattered matter. I appreciate your score but drum Corps is a thing of unison and there is a corp

Who even with fresh eyes to the drum Corps seen can tell how close to drum Corps they are.

sir please watch the show again take off your colors because you are defeating the purpose with your pen .

He's re-watching the show again right now and will have his adjusted numbers shorty.

• Like 1

Pro-BD panel or not, there are a few takeaways.

BD's drumline seems to have gotten their act together after stumbling a couple weeks ago.

Crown drumline continuing to lag way behind the first place drumline.

Cadets guard continuing to lag way behind the first place guard, although that 17.5 is crazy.

• Like 1

What's Rush? (Not kidding)

I'm thankful for you.

No one is saying BD didn't deserve the win tonight. People are saying some of these numbers are spreads written down for top corps are absolute horse ####. These corps are having amazing performances and to have some numbers this low is crying foul play.

I can understand why BD won. I can't understand how they won by that much.

THAT much? They won by less than .6.. Thats nothing in terms of tenth value. Folks, a 2 point spread is common if there are 1-3 tenth differences, so the fact that we even have 4 corps within 2 points is absolutely RIDICULOUS if you really think about it. We have become WAY too desensitized to the true tenth value of scores and realize that any of the top 4 could feasibly jump 1-2 points any night, given the panel and performance. A .6 spread is like one less visual tear, ensemble tear, or standing ovation away from being flipped. Have faith in the judging and let the dynamics of each panel and their particular strengths do the work. It really will come down to the mix of personalities who are judging on Finals night this year.

Edited by trumpetcam
  • Like 2

Pro-BD panel or not, there are a few takeaways.

BD's drumline seems to have gotten their act together after stumbling a couple weeks ago.

Crown drumline continuing to lag way behind the first place drumline.

Cadets guard continuing to lag way behind the first place guard, although that 17.5 is crazy.

We really don't know anything, last night cadets guard was just 0.2 in exec behind crown. Now they're a mile back

BD drums were behind cadets, suddenly ahead

GE scores flipped from the prior competitions

It's just sad when I looked at the judge line up at five today and knew right away the BD would win and spread the gap

And I say that not taking anything away from a wonderful corps, which they are

The compostiion of the panels just should be that readable.

• Like 3

The bothersome part for me is that the numbers had been very jumbled in each sub heading, giving us the closeness of the scores. I know BD is the only group who doesn't seem to have a "dinged" category in the adjudication sheet. For Cadets it's been Color Guard and Crown has been Percussion. Bloo seems to take get knocked in any kind of coordination aspect as judges are still trying to figure out what they want out of the electronics vs. whatever in a show. I don't like seeing certain judges and knowing that they have any kind of negative thinking in any category, such as I mentioned above. It seems like some people have a slotted score or range of that score fixed in their thoughts, without giving the chance that a group could break out and into a new box area on the score sheet. It seems like some names get attached to certain places/score range for certain groups. I would love having the feeling that any of the top 4 could have that "one moment in time" when things sync together and the performance rises above the others, to win.