Shuffle Off To Buffalo (TOC 8/2)

I only mentioned the guard staff. Didn't say anything at all about the rest of the captions. Why are you trying to put words in my mouth? And it's perfectly clear why you brought up Crown. I'm out.

The guard staff you reference as "all gone now" were with the corps in the late 80s / early 90s as members and then later as instructors

That's 25 years ago!

People do tend to get married, start a family, move on

Your assertion is false - whether it is about just the guard team or the entire organization

Edited by George Dixon

Considering the electronic issues...Coats score was pretty strong. They closed the gap with Cadets from .475 to .3

BD was obviously VERY good tonight.

Massillon just got even more interesting.

Pretty much demonstrating electronics aren't adjudicated. So bring on the goo and cover the bass line. It just doesn't matter. Yay. Edited by HockeyDad

All I can say is it was a terrific show! Loved Bluecoats, Loved Crown, BD won fair and square.

Sure glad I went! Met up with a lot of old friends.

Cathy

Performance order in a seven corps show doesn't mean as much as people think. Numbers management isn't difficult at all with that number. Using performance order as an excuse is lame. Great performers are great regardless of show order, and who's doing the judging.

idk mang, like I said, probably every TOC show I've observed is heavily skewed, both up and down in placements as well as broad and narrow in spreads. TOC numbers are always always wacky compared to the regionals and regular ordered shows (when these shows take place immediately around the date of a TOC show) where most of the big boys show up. Performance order as an excuse is lame if we're talking about going on last or second to last, but just the evidence shows TOC shows basically don't count. It's not a stretch to think, for example, BD going on first and Cadets going on last with Madison or Phantom somewhere in between does produce a recap sheet inconsistent with the rest of the season, consistently.