ALLENTOWN - Day 2

Either surf is using a ton of bass in the pit or the mic serup is different than last night. Getting a lot of bass.

Hearing that, too. For now, I'll assume it's the synth in the pit.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or is the audio really wonky on the DCI live thing? It sounds like a bad AM radio transmission...trumpets are really tinny, low end is a bit better. My video (720p) is great, so I don't think it's a bandwidth thing.

I've tried iMac pro to Denon receiver (and good speakers) through HDMI, and iPad (with iPhone app) through AppleTV, and they sound the same...

Nowhere close to the quality of Atlanta (missed last night)...

DCFAN, on 01 Aug 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:snapback.png

tonight will be an example of perfect slotting.

Thats the directive thats been given for this season, ie. slot the scores tight, keep the competition close.

Eventually, in the Semi's and the Finals in a few days, we'll see the real spreads for the season unfold. We're almost there, can you believe it ?

You're just spreading rumors, because the judge's slotting meeting wasn't due to let out until a half hour ago! :doh:

I heard from a guy who used to know somebody who was a staff member for a corps you would have heard of, that it's Bluecoat's turn to win, because they got screwed last year in finals when they had the best show. It was pretty well known they couldn't win last year because they didn't earn it yet by being in the top 3 for three straight years. :innocent:

Go Bloo.

Anyone gonna be periscoping the later corps?

Magic mystery box time! Let's see if they've added anything.

surf was fun! a great way to start the night!

I agree the sound is very bass heavy - I wonder where the mics are? I'm thinking inside the synth speakers....

This always makes me think of the movie Seven.... Awwww What's In The Box!!!

Overall volume is louder than last night. I just turned mine down a bit as Crest made a big hit to open

• Like 1