ALLENTOWN - Day 2

Crown guard is killing it

I was just going to state that they look extremely uncharacteristic tonight. I've seen TONS of rifle drops and lots of dirt that normally isn't there.

• Like 2

OK, at the beginning of the season, while their brass and guard were still great, Crown's show had no "oomph" for me. They did not seem "into it!" Not the case in the last couple of weeks--holy inferno!!

Guard is crazy tight (even with a partial drop tonight). Brass is balls to the wall, but still musical. Percussion is in there. Drill is tight and the energy is high. ...and here comes the red veil!

• Like 1

Wasn't too hot on this Crown show at the beginning of the season, but they have turned it into what has become probably my favorite Crown show of all time. Especially with the new ending, which gives me goosebumps. I would be very happy if they won this season.

• Like 3

A guy in the audience just yelled at the music analysis judge in the middle of crowns performance....the hillarious thing is I am literally sitting nextto the judge....lol

• Like 2

.... not to mention they cleaned.

OK, at the beginning of the season, while their brass and guard were still great, Crown's show had no "oomph" for me. They did not seem "into it!" Not the case in the last couple of weeks--holy inferno!!

Guard is crazy tight (even with a partial drop tonight). Brass is balls to the wall, but still musical. Percussion is in there. Drill is tight and the energy is high. ...and here comes the red veil!

• Like 1

Gold banner? New?

Holy ####, Bluecoats... that was unbelievable. They've certainly been doing some cleaning, but more than anything, they've finally added the clarity they were missing musically in the beginning of the season. I still think there is a need for more dynamic contrast in the ballad (levels could come way down in the front ensemble in the beginning and end of the ballad), but this show is really starting to become everything I was hoping it would be. Envelope pushing, futuristic (as someone described a few pages back) and something I can look back at years from now and think of how ahead of its time it was. Kudos to the Bluecoats. I would LOVE to see them medal again this season.

• Like 2

Oh my god, Crown. Oh my god, Crown. OH MY GOD!

• Like 1