ALLENTOWN - Day 2

Cadets guard was a lot cleaner than they have been. I was pleasantly surprised

They have to be cleaning like crazy. Those neon arms will expose anything and everything with motion. They seemed a bit rough at the start but got it under control.

• Like 1

The problem is the cadets uniform is so iconic. They took a big risk in changing that element, especially 3/4 into the season. I don't get the point of it, and while the look is bad ### on an individual level, it's too stark a look for the corps as a whole. And it hides their flowing drill. I applaud them for trying something new, but I just don't think this change helps them at all.

Totally agree. Big risk. I applaud them for taking a risk.

I know people hate Troopers' DM's schtick, but it was still kind of uncool for the announcer not to wait for him to get there.

• Like 1

I know people hate Troopers' DM's schtick, but it was still kind of uncool for the announcer not to wait for him to get there.

He would've gotten there if he walked like a normal human being.

CRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!!!

Haven't posted here in years, but I watched the live broadcast tonight. The sound on this new live video service was terrible for me, very compressed. My 2 cents of tonight's performance:

Crown (amazing brass sounds as always)

Bluecoats (best show of the season, minor musical and visual dirt in the opener keeps them back a few tenths from Crown, setting the stage for a finals week showdown)

Cadets (incredible performers...middle of the show has significant design flaws). Black uniforms for them don't work, but definitely a risk worth taking.

Haven't seen BD yet.