ALLENTOWN - Day 2

...at their home regional in front of a very biased crowd. See, both sides can play that game!

So you're saying the judges play to the home-town crowd? Didn't work for Crown in Charlotte and it didn't work for Cadets in Allentown, so the fact that Cadets have cut the gap should be seen as a good sign, not a gift, because DCI judging is credible. Unless you're telling me it's not. :)

So you're saying the judges play to the home-town crowd? Didn't work for Crown in Charlotte and it didn't work for Cadets in Allentown, so the fact that Cadets have cut the gap should be seen as a good sign, not a gift, because DCI judging is credible. Unless you're telling me it's not. :)

Not at all. I was poking fun at the other guy :)

• Like 3

contraman007, on 01 Aug 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:snapback.png

I think those suits torpedoed the Cadets GE

There's no scoring evidence of that, and perhaps there's evidence that it is helping.

A week ago in Atlanta, they wore the moroon and gold and were 3rd in GE and down by 0.65 from first in GE.

This weekend in Allentown, they wore black and were 3rd in GE and down by 0.2 from first in GE.

The marching was better, which is why they narrowed the gap.

Had they not changed suits, they would have won GE by a half point. :biggrin:

Edited by wvu80

I don't know if this was mentioned, but did anyone else see that Boston Crusaders took 5th in brass on Saturday at Allentown. Troopers were 6th, and Madison was 7th.

Wow. Kind of surprising...then again, maybe not.

I don't know if this was mentioned, but did anyone else see that Boston Crusaders took 5th in brass on Saturday at Allentown. Troopers were 6th, and Madison was 7th.

Wow. Kind of surprising...then again, maybe not.

Is this taking into account the corps that were missing from Friday?

...at their home regional in front of a very biased crowd. See, both sides can play that game!

Does the crowd now get to fill out judges sheets? I was there yesterday and must've missed that part.

#sadface

• Like 2

Does the crowd now get to fill out judges sheets? I was there yesterday and must've missed that part.

#sadface

I don't know if they do this in a lot of places, but at Winston-Salemthere was a page of the program that let the crowd give scores. It didn't affect the actual scores, but it was fun.

I am sure I will get beat up for this, but I am not a fan of the Bluecoats show. It is amazing how strong they have become in the last couple of years but the whole kinetic energy thing just doesn't do it for me. I don't understand half of what they are doing, and can't tell whether they are playing or a recording is playing. Too much for me. They are very good, but not appealing to me.

• Like 1

I am sure I will get beat up for this, but I am not a fan of the Bluecoats show. It is amazing how strong they have become in the last couple of years but the whole kinetic energy thing just doesn't do it for me. I don't understand half of what they are doing, and can't tell whether they are playing or a recording is playing. Too much for me. They are very good, but not appealing to me.

Duly noted.

• Like 1