ALLENTOWN - Day 2

I completely agree...having seen this show streamed I really didn't get it...but in person LIVE at A-town I was just slobberknockered!

I didn't even have to see it live to be slobberknockered. Loved the show from the first viewing/hearing. The ballad takes its beautiful melody into more luscious places than a sampler, harmonizer or autotuner ever could! Sadly I won't see any of these shows live this year. :sad:

Nah, I'm not the old fart who hates anything post-70's.

I like live drums & bugles...not samples & loops. But that's just me. Your mileage may vary...

Nah, I'm not the old fart who hates anything post-70's.

1246646368odt8zl.jpgG

Give the old farts some credit..lol...Many love the " New drum Corps " it's only the cranky ones who are heard though. The others are to busy enjoying and just glad something they did is still in exsistance today ( in any form ) .....lol

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

After Buffalo they are now about 1.4 behind. Do you think the black uniforms are a good move or a mistake?

I think it's a net positive.

If you want to continue dissecting numbers...

Cadets' gap from 1st place grew by 1.125 in Buffalo compared to Allentown. 0.2 of that was a slip in GE (though that GE gap is STILL smaller than in Atlanta in Maroon & Gold). All the rest of the deficit was created in by low numbers in Visual Proficiency and especially in Guard in Buffallo. The guard really got dumped on.

So... the scores still don't necessarily show damage from changing the unis. It's possible that their GE numbers were going to improve anyway due to cleaning (but the other corps are cleaning, too), and maybe they would have grown more with maroon & gold. I doubt it, but what do I know.

And my personal opinion, having only seen the videos, is that I'm glad they went for this change and I really look forward to seeing it in Indy.

After Buffalo they are now about 1.4 behind. Do you think the black uniforms are a good move or a mistake?

Their overall score increased almost a half a point from Allentown even though their guard score dropped a half a point.

I don't think the uniforms are to blame.

Edit: Chris beat me to it.

Edited by chaddyt

It was the opinion of one guard judge. Yes Cadets have a guard weakness but let's say Crown had a percussion judge give them a 17.5 (their weak link) last night. You can see how one guy can throw it all out of whack in a season this close. I still will campaign in the fall that Cadets revamp their guard program but for now, they are contenders to win the music caption and can be competitive in GE so still in the running IF they clean the #### out of that show when they settle in INDY.

Edited by Tobias

From Jersey Surf's FB page. I knew folks were saying they saw drones during the show.

https://www.facebook.com/JerseySurf/videos/10156103510930314/

• Like 1