ALLENTOWN - Day 2

I am sure I will get beat up for this, but I am not a fan of the Bluecoats show. It is amazing how strong they have become in the last couple of years but the whole kinetic energy thing just doesn't do it for me. I don't understand half of what they are doing, and can't tell whether they are playing or a recording is playing. Too much for me. They are very good, but not appealing to me.

Little late in the season to have the chance, but Bloo's show is one that absolutely needs to be experienced live to get the full effect. Streaming video will never capture what it is they're doing on the field with the sampling and looping.

It is truly remarkable. Their ballad had my jaw on the floor.

• Like 2

Good lord. Armchair judging sure brings out the hyperbole.

I prefer to look at it as unnecessary hand wringing. :poke:

• Like 1

Little late in the season to have the chance, but Bloo's show is one that absolutely needs to be experienced live to get the full effect. Streaming video will never capture what it is they're doing on the field with the sampling and looping.

I did see it live in Allentown. Enjoyed Crown and the Cadets much more than Blue.

I did see it live in Allentown. Enjoyed Crown and the Cadets much more than Blue.

That's allowed.

Didn't say you couldn't like other corps more. Just that live is the best possible way to experience Bloo's show.

Which, admittedly, is the case for all corps. But more necessary for Bluecoats this year, IMO.

Edited by chaddyt
  • Like 1

I completely agree...having seen this show streamed I really didn't get it...but in person LIVE at A-town I was just slobberknockered!

• Like 1

They went through with a plan conceived in the winter/spring and put into motion before the season started, before any competitve results. I applaud them for creating a real hype and media around this, many of us have had a lot of fun with this. It's a show that already leaves you exhausted just watching it, and they're having fun with us along the way. So they did what they wanted to do -- and they cut their 0.7 deficit in Atlanta (in traditional uniform) down to 0.225 in Allentown (in black). Hmmm...

After Buffalo they are now about 1.4 behind. Do you think the black uniforms are a good move or a mistake?

I never ever imagined that I would read about someone raving about how great the samples & loops were in a drum corp show. How were the drums, bugles & M&M?