ALLENTOWN - Day 2

I'm bumbed because tonight's line-up doesn't include St. Lucy's Cadets, but that's an age-thing going on with me. :smile:

Before my time?

I LOVE HISTORY!

Sure hope you have a copy of Steve Vickers' excellent A History of Drum and Bugle Corps. Looking at those 2 volumes on my bookshelf right now. It's the best compendium out there!

• Like 1

I LOVE HISTORY!

Back in 60s, a contest with Garfield, St. Lucy's, and Blessed Sacrament usually made you think "wonder who's going to finish fourth tonight????"

For example (From CORPSREPS):

June 13, 1964 at East Paterson HS:

1 St. Lucy's Cadets 83.450 2 Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights 82.860 3 Garfield Cadets 79.810 4 PAL Cadets (CT) 78.930

Edited by JoeDz

Was the same in the Boston area St Kevin Emerald Knights, Cardinals of Beverly, Cambridge Cabelleros .

Cadets, you wanted to do a very demanding show. Well, it's August so you need to be clean. Let's see what you've got...

• Like 3

First and foremost, I hope all of the corps have an amazing performance tonight that is indicative of their hard work and dedication to making each of their shows the best that they can be. Now with that behind me, my placement prediction for tonight's top 5 are as follows:

1. Crown - 94.1
  2. Cadets - 93.65
  3. Bloo - 93.3
  4. PR - 87.8
  5. Madison - 85.8

Regardless of my prediction, I can't wait to see these shows live again, as I will be in Allentown tonight enjoying high velocity marching and music.

Well, if last night was any reliable indicator then none of those corps will have increases in scores like you predict.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.