Mission Impossible - Phantom Regiment

No, not another one of THOSE threads.

Caught the nw Mission Impossible movie today. There's a big set piece in the first third of the movie that takes place at the Vienna Opera. Featuring a performance of Turandot. Even at my age (40's), I had only heard the Regiment version. And after hearing a fair version of the operatic version, I could not be more pleased to be a fan of Phantom's.

The theme was reprised in different parts of the movie, and I kept flashing on Phantom.

For a drum corps fan, that's a good thing.

• Like 4

No, not another one of THOSE threads.

Caught the nw Mission Impossible movie today. There's a big set piece in the first third of the movie that takes place at the Vienna Opera. Featuring a performance of Turandot. Even at my age (40's), I had only heard the Regiment version. And after hearing a fair version of the operatic version, I could not be more pleased to be a fan of Phantom's.

The theme was reprised in different parts of the movie, and I kept flashing on Phantom.

For a drum corps fan, that's a good thing.

It's just a reminder that there's so much classical music to work with out there and as long as the corps (as in the design team) realizes this, they will continue to prosper and put out entertaining shows. Introduce us to more classical music, Phantom! Expand our horizons :)

• Like 1

Caught the new Mission: Impossible movie today. There's a big set piece in the first third of the movie that takes place at the Vienna Opera. Featuring a performance of Turandot. Even at my age (40s), I had only heard the Regiment version. And after hearing a fair version of the operatic version, I could not be more pleased to be a fan of Phantom's.

I haven't seen the film. Is it specifically "Nessun Dorma" that's featured? If it is, do you mean Phantom Regiment's 1991 or 2012 rendition? Or both?

It is Dorma to a strong degree and I'm more familiar with 2012 at the moment.

Nother Phantom thread? I love Phantom.

• Like 1