5. Bloo

6. Madison

7. BK

8. Cadets' french horn section

9. Regiment

10. Boston

11. Academy

12. Seattle Cascades

I'm not missing the point. I am the point.

You have a point there. I suspect it may be at the top of your cranium.

Well, my Final placement is the same as my preseason prediction. I predicted in preseason that no more than 3 Corps in the World Class Division ( nor more than 2 Corps in the Top 12) would move up or down more than 2 placement positions when all is said and done. Despite some early season volatility to keep the competition close, it looks like thats how its playing out. Things are still kept close at the top with 4 still with a shot. I can see by Thursday this being narrowed down to 3. The Finals, Top 12 ,looks set, and it looks like the same 12 as last year. Colts,, Troopers, Academy look to be 13, 14, 15, as they were last season. The 2 Corps that look like they have a 50-50 chance of moving up more than 2 placement positions over last season would be Madison, Crown right now. I predict in the end, it will be Crown that will be the single Corps in the Top 12 to move up more than 2 placement positions from last season. Corps in the 16-22 position look to pretty much finish where they finished last season, also a prediction in preseason regarding the 2015 placements.

Edited by BRASSO

In 2015, Rhythm X went into WGI finals in 4th place. They leapfrogged their way into 2nd to win the silver medal. It can be done, Bloo! I can't wait to see you tomorrow night in Massillon!

Edited by RxBlooSynthMom

In 2015, Rhythm X went into WGI finals in 4th place. They leapfrogged their way into 2nd to win the silver medal. It can be done, Bloo! I can't wait to see you tomorrow night in Massillon!

Don't forget that it also required a major slip up with music city mystiques electronics failing. And it was the cleanest run those 10 snares ever had.

Biggest jump in DCI was in '74, Muchachos jumped from 9th to 3rd. Since then not a great deal of leap frogging has happened. In '92 Star of Indiana finished 1st in Quarters, 2nd in Semis and 3rd in Finals. Cavies went from 2nd to 1st and Cadets went 3rd to 2nd. That's about as big of movement other than '88 in Kansas City, when scores were not announced until finals. Corps drew for positions, within a preset parameters, such as 12-9 drew for position, 8-5 drew, 3-1 drew, IIRC. Big jumps just don't happen much because it takes a lot of a score for an individual judge to sway much, especially when doubling up on GE and Perc. I would say that the perfect storm does exist this year because so many captions are being scored with so much variance, such as the 4th place corps being tied for top GE score, or the winning corps having the 5th place percussion score or the number three corps having the number 5 score in the guard caption. It could happen.......

I feel scores are going to pop up for the top corps dramatically.... Seems like judges have done a great job of not over scoring and now we'll see good finals week increases.... I say this:

1) Crown 98.1- Brass/Guard

2) BD 97.9

3) Cadets 97.0- Percussion

4) Bluecoats 96.875

5) SCV 94.25

6) BK 92.875

7) Phantom 90.9

8) Cavialiers 89.7

9) Madison 88.875

10) Blue Stars 87.15

11) BAC 87.0

12) Crossmen 86.45

Boy do I love Troop and Sully and JBuck have the Colts in contention for finals again, but it's just so strong this year. Academy also will be a future finalist I'm betting soon. Great season but reality is now and much as I have predicted Troop- there are no undeserving top 12 corps!! Great season

• Like 2

Ah yes... the final week of the season on DCP where every thread devolves into the playground equivalent of "My dad can beat up your dad."

After seeing 3 of the top 4 last night, I wouldn't be surprised to see Crown take this thing. But I honestly still think it's anyone's game. Seriously.... the current medalists are separated by just over TWO TENTHS of a SINGLE POINT (and Bloo is gonna' be fired the eff up).

DCI needs to pick another metal for 4th place. Pewter, platinum, chrome, nickel, copper, cast iron, zinc, magnesium... SOMETHING.

10 to 1 we have a tie at 2nd or 3rd place. So I truly believe all 4 will technically medal. :)

Edited by jwillis35

GE is BD's weakness this year.

I can agree to that to a certain point. But history has shown you can still win without winning GE. BD just needs to be close in GE and the other captions can put them over. 1997 Cadets dominated BD in GE by a half point i believe. BD still ended up winning that year by nearly a point. This is also a year where BD could lose brass drums and guard. But 2001 Cavies showed us that you can still win losing those captions. BD just needs to remain consistent in all captions. So far they have done that better than anyone else this year. Thats why they are going on last at prelims although they didn't win a regional this year. Consistency is the key and always has been.

• Like 1