9-Madison -86.45

10-Boston-86.00

11-Crossmen -85.60

12-Blue stars-85.225

13-Troopers -83.55

14-Colts -83.50

15-Academy -82.0

16-Spirit-80.00

Do you have any idea how hard it is to play clasher chords in tune, balanced, and at that volume? Their brass is super exposed this year, the body movement is harder because it's more intricate than marching and it has to be just as clean. Your points are ridiculous and I haven't even talked about your thoughts on other corps

"Do you have any idea how hard it is to play clasher chords in tune, balanced, and at that volume?"

Yes I do, and they are absolutely killing it this year. Seriously, kudos to them. That does not automatically equate to their brass book being harder than last years.

"Their brass is super exposed this year"

More than anyone else?

"the body movement is harder because it's more intricate than marching and it has to be just as clean."

As I said, this is the only argument that you could make. The only way we could truly understand that argument is probably by asking someone who has marched a WC guard and HL and ask them which they thought was harder.

"Your points are ridiculous and I haven't even talked about your thoughts on other corps"

Good thing it is just an opinion, isn't it?

Goodness people, I didn't even say they were bad.

All I said was that their show isn't as hard as years past. That tends to happen. Is every Cadets show more challenging than the year before, no. Is every Cavalier show going to be more difficult than 5 years before, no.

Heaven forbid Crown has a show that is easier than the year before and someone notices.

• Like 3

What I think will happen:

1. Carolina Crown - 98.55 (Wins GE, with a very, very close Bloo second. Perfect brass, and recipient of Jim Ott).

2. Blue Devils - 98.50 (Wins guard, and maybe vis altogether... Only a fraction behind Bloo on GE).

3. The Cadets - 98.25 (Music, maybe a close call with Crown/BD on that).

4. Bluecoats - 97.95 or 98.025 (2nd GE.. hell, could be a tie, 4th music, 4th vis).

5. Vanguard - 96.15 (2nd Percussion. 5th everything else, really. Maybe 4th guard).

6. Blue Knights - 91.50 (larger gap between top 5 and them). // Might I say, I'm really proud of them this year.

7. Phantom - 90.90 (So close to BK, just not enough time to get em). // Pains me to put them here

8. Madison - 88.65 (#### yeah Madison!).

9. Cavaliers - 87.00 (Wish they didn't get sick).

10. Boston - 86.00 (I think there could be a point between them here).

11. Crossmen - 85.65 (Yeah.. 11th. Wanna fight about it?).

12. Blue Stars - 85.00 (So close, but Crossmen GE will take it over).

What I want:

1. Crown

2. Cadets

3. Bloooooooo

4. Devs

5. Vanguard

6. Phantom

7. BK

8. Scouts

9. Cavies

10. BAC

11. Stars

12. Glassmen come out and play and make finals. That is what I want to happen :)

• Like 1

"Do you have any idea how hard it is to play clasher chords in tune, balanced, and at that volume?"

Yes I do, and they are absolutely killing it this year. Seriously, kudos to them. That does not automatically equate to their brass book being harder than last years.

"Their brass is super exposed this year"

More than anyone else?

"the body movement is harder because it's more intricate than marching and it has to be just as clean."

As I said, this is the only argument that you could make. The only way we could truly understand that argument is probably by asking someone who has marched a WC guard and HL and ask them which they thought was harder.

"Your points are ridiculous and I haven't even talked about your thoughts on other corps"

Good thing it is just an opinion, isn't it?

It's not a more technically challenging show but it's much more challenging than last year's musically

Goodness people, I didn't even say they were bad.

All I said was that their show isn't as hard as years past. That tends to happen. Is every Cadets show more challenging than the year before, no. Is every Cavalier show going to be more difficult than 5 years before, no.

Heaven forbid Crown has a show that is easier than the year before and someone notices.

You're right, and you're wrong.

You're right because: Crown's show is not of the level of technical difficulty as the past.. oh, I don't know.. 5 years. No, they're not playing the most notes. No, you're not sitting with your jaw on the floor because of that insane chromatic triplet run across the field. In this aspect, you're completely right about them not having a difficult show for the brass. E=mc2 was such a technically challenging show, and OOTW was pretty darn tough as well. Remember "Jupiter" fanfare? That was bonkers.

You're wrong because: Crown has put together a musically, melodically, choreographically, theatrically and lyrically challenging program. This show has some seriously exposed brass parts. For instance, the opening trumpets play a B natural to a F# alone. With nothing to cover it. That can be pretty nasty if fracked, as we've heard. The show depicts Dante's journey through hell, and eventually their ascendance into Purgatorio and eventually Paradiso (Note: they don't actually do this in "Infero", but they are performing it). This is an epic story. One that has been around for centuries. To put music to this is no easy task. better yet, to make that music convey and depict a hellish feel, and an ominous ambiance is nothing short of incredible. The way these MM's perform this show is unlike anything I've seen in quite a long time. They perform like any Independent World Winter Guard would perform their show on finals night here in Dayton. You see it in their faces. You feel the emotions. You enjoy the music, and the story being told. This is harder to do than play a bunch of fast scalar note sequences. This is something that takes true talent and hard work. For this reason, among many others, this show is much more challenging than past years. This is the first time Crown has taken on a serious story of this variety and executed it to an astounding level. That is one of many reasons Crown 2015 deserves a Gold.

• Like 5

What I think will happen:

1. Carolina Crown - 98.55 (Wins GE, with a very, very close Bloo second. Perfect brass, and recipient of Jim Ott).

2. Blue Devils - 98.50 (Wins guard, and maybe vis altogether... Only a fraction behind Bloo on GE).

3. The Cadets - 98.25 (Music, maybe a close call with Crown/BD on that).

4. Bluecoats - 97.95 or 98.025 (2nd GE.. hell, could be a tie, 4th music, 4th vis).

5. Vanguard - 96.15 (2nd Percussion. 5th everything else, really. Maybe 4th guard).

6. Blue Knights - 91.50 (larger gap between top 5 and them). // Might I say, I'm really proud of them this year.

7. Phantom - 90.90 (So close to BK, just not enough time to get em). // Pains me to put them here

8. Madison - 88.65 (#### yeah Madison!).

9. Cavaliers - 87.00 (Wish they didn't get sick).

10. Boston - 86.00 (I think there could be a point between them here).

11. Crossmen - 85.65 (Yeah.. 11th. Wanna fight about it?).

12. Blue Stars - 85.00 (So close, but Crossmen GE will take it over).

What I want:

1. Crown

2. Cadets

3. Bloooooooo

4. Devs

5. Vanguard

6. Phantom

7. BK

8. Scouts

9. Cavies

10. BAC

11. Stars

12. Glassmen come out and play and make finals. That is what I want to happen :)

This, but Crown deserves guard caption even more than brass this year. I predict they take both.

• Like 2

I predict whoever wins semifinals will not win finals night.

Edit- also, nobody breaks 98

Edited by loopin' froot loops

What is it exactly that you feel as though Matt Harloff would do if this were in fact said to his face? I'm intrigued...

You aren't the only one intrigued.

• Like 1