Final Finals Predictions!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to play clasher chords in tune, balanced, and at that volume? Their brass is super exposed this year, the body movement is harder because it's more intricate than marching and it has to be just as clean. Your points are ridiculous and I haven't even talked about your thoughts on other corps

What the **** is a clasher chord?!

• Like 1

My final finals prediction:

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets

3. Carolina Crown

4. Bluecoats

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Phantom Regiment

7. Blue Knights

8. Cavaliers

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Madison Scouts

11. Crossmen

12. Blue Stars

• Like 3

You're right, and you're wrong.

You're right because: Crown's show is not of the level of technical difficulty as the past.. oh, I don't know.. 5 years. No, they're not playing the most notes. No, you're not sitting with your jaw on the floor because of that insane chromatic triplet run across the field. In this aspect, you're completely right about them not having a difficult show for the brass. E=mc2 was such a technically challenging show, and OOTW was pretty darn tough as well. Remember "Jupiter" fanfare? That was bonkers.

You're wrong because: Crown has put together a musically, melodically, choreographically, theatrically and lyrically challenging program. This show has some seriously exposed brass parts. For instance, the opening trumpets play a B natural to a F# alone. With nothing to cover it. That can be pretty nasty if fracked, as we've heard. The show depicts Dante's journey through hell, and eventually their ascendance into Purgatorio and eventually Paradiso (Note: they don't actually do this in "Infero", but they are performing it). This is an epic story. One that has been around for centuries. To put music to this is no easy task. better yet, to make that music convey and depict a hellish feel, and an ominous ambiance is nothing short of incredible. The way these MM's perform this show is unlike anything I've seen in quite a long time. They perform like any Independent World Winter Guard would perform their show on finals night here in Dayton. You see it in their faces. You feel the emotions. You enjoy the music, and the story being told. This is harder to do than play a bunch of fast scalar note sequences. This is something that takes true talent and hard work. For this reason, among many others, this show is much more challenging than past years. This is the first time Crown has taken on a serious story of this variety and executed it to an astounding level. That is one of many reasons Crown 2015 deserves a Gold.

Fair enough!

"You see it in their faces. You feel the emotions. You enjoy the music, and the story being told. This is harder to do than play a bunch of fast scalar note sequences. This is something that takes true talent and hard work. For this reason, among many others, this show is much more challenging than past years. This is the first time Crown has taken on a serious story of this variety and executed it to an astounding level. That is one of many reasons Crown 2015 deserves a Gold." :thumbup:

• Like 1

What the **** is a clasher chord?!

I meant to say unresolved chords. I'm not thinking straight this late at night lol in fact what I just said is probably also incorrect. Off to bed I go

What is it exactly that you feel as though Matt Harloff would do if this were in fact said to his face? I'm intrigued...

You aren't the only one intrigued.

I'll do it! I ain't scurd!

• Like 2

Edit- also, nobody breaks 98

I think you're right. With captions being spread so evenly among the top 4, numbers management will keep the overall winning score down from years past when a corps might sweep most captions.

It seems likely no corps will sweep all 3 nights and we might have 4 corps within a 1 point spread at the top. You'll be able to hear a pin drop when they are announcing 4th, 3rd and 2nd places on Saturday night.

:cool:

Yeah yeah yeah, I have seen the almighty Carolina Crown this year.

Fact: They march approximately only 4 minutes and 26 seconds of their show. The rest is body and standing still. How does that stack up against lower corps who are marching 9 or 10 minutes of their 12 minute show? Time it yourself if you want lol

The only argument you can make there is whether or not body movement is harder than marching.

I also believe that if you think the technical content of their music is on par or harder than last year, you are lying to yourself. In comparison to what we know CC can and should do, this brass book does not meet up with that.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like the show, but in my brain, it is simply not challenging enough to take gold this season.

Too many triangles for my taste! I like the trumpet solo! Or is it flugal? It's a great concept but still too safe.

They alwys do the looooooong notes in the opener. Have a very safe middle and then do a beautiful ballad followed by a closer that has a lot of fast notes but always in B flat major and not really as difficult as it seems to be. Their visual is so vanilla it's not even..never mind.

I really do like their show but 1st place?!?!@ Ummmm No. It really should come down to the two biggies Cadets or BD.

I really want Bloo and SCV to shake it up and see them win.

• Like 1

1-Crown-95

2-BD -94.85

3-Bluecoats -93.995

4-Cadets--93.85

5-SCV-92.0

6-BK-90.55

7-Cavies -88.65

8-Phantom-88.25

9-Madison -86.45

10-Boston-86.00

11-Crossmen -85.60

12-Blue stars-85.225

13-Troopers -83.55

14-Colts -83.50

15-Academy -82.0

16-Spirit-80.00

Lol at this guy thinking that the champion is going to score a 95. What year is this? 1980?

• Like 2

I meant to say unresolved chords. I'm not thinking straight this late at night lol in fact what I just said is probably also incorrect. Off to bed I go

Playing unresolved chords is just as simple as playing any other chord. Body movement or otherwise.