Favorite shows of 2015

I like a lot of shows this year.

• Crown, Bluecoats, Cadets, Blue Devils, Madison, Boston, Troopers, and Colts are my favorites.
  • Phantom is growing on me now, and I do like the Academy's Marry Poppins production, and the Cavaliers have been entertaining for me all summer
  • I'm luke warm on Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Crossmen, Pacific Crest, and Santa Clara
  • come Finals I will see more shows for the first time (live that is). That will help clarify my opinions on a number of groups.

1. Blue Devils

2. Cadets

3. Crown

4. SCV

5. Bluecoats

6. Phantom

7. Blue Knights

8. Madison

9. Cavaliers

10. Boston

11. Colts

12. Crossmen

1. Santa Clara Canguard

1a. Bluecoats

3. Carolina Crown

4. Troopers

5. The Cadets/Phantom Regiment/Cavaliers/Blue Devils

9. Genesis

Edited by ajlemm
  • Like 1

The corps that immediately spring to mind -

-Carolina Crown - great music, some of the best brass ever and a classic "drum corps" show.

-Madison Scouts - bright music and bright drill to go with a tight jazz sound. Never gets old.

The two I want to hear more of before I make a judgment -

-Blue Knights - on one viewing, I dug the show immensely. I'd like to hear it again now that I know where it's going.

-Bluecoats - heard it in the theater with electronics drowning everything out, heard it live with electronic malfunctions that cut out half the show. I'd love to hear how it's *intended* to be.

The one I will listen to and not watch -

-Blue Devils - I'll listen to this show over and over in the car, but to me there's a huge disconnect between the music and the visual, so I'd rather hear than see.

The one I will watch and not listen to -

-Mandarins - this one is DVD-only - the music is very much "effect" music that doesn't stand well on its own, but paired with that awesome visual design it's worth watching over an dover.

Mike

(I also did like Genesis's music, quite a lot. So did my daughter.)

The one I will listen to and not watch -

-Blue Devils - I'll listen to this show over and over in the car, but to me there's a huge disconnect between the music and the visual, so I'd rather hear than see.

The one I will watch and not listen to -

-Mandarins - this one is DVD-only - the music is very much "effect" music that doesn't stand well on its own, but paired with that awesome visual design it's worth watching over an dover.

Couldn't agree more on both of these.

Favorites in A-town...

Friday night:

Cavies

Blue Stars

Blue Devils

Cascades

Saturday night:

Bluecoats

Madison

Colts