Staff changes 2016

The interesting thing is that changes are being made right now, as we all read this. Caption heads are resigning/retiring or being replaced. Some are mulling offers from other corps. Some techs are being considered for caption head positions, while others are trying to figure out where they will go when their caption head gets sacked.

Corps directors are figuring all this out now, because the hot stove burns bright in the month of August, and if you don't have your design team and caption heads locked in by mid-September, you're way behind the eight ball. Section techs will be figured out generally by October 1st.

It's not unreasonable to discuss this now, because I guarantee you many corps staffs certainly are :)

I hope Cadets are having these thoughts about the Guard staff.

• Like 2

I would love to see Mark Thurston come out of retirement and go back to the Crossmen - but that happening is about as likely as George Hopkins saying he was wrong about alternative instrumentation and electronics :augen51: .

• Like 1

Please respect my opinion here, but I think Phantom needs to find a new program coordinator. I just think that their shows, while always performed with the typical Regiment flair, lack the "oomph" needed to win a championship.

• Like 4

Tekk, unlike Crown (e. g., percussion), the Cadets do not typically allow staff that perform worse that the members stay around long, it seems.

INT is rumored to have some new tasty surprises in store for us for 2016.

I just hope its not all hype.

• Like 1

I think Phantom should beef up their CG and percussion staff (not necessarily sack anyone) as well as start becoming more open during the design process kind of like the Cadets. I think that would have an overall positive impact on their show design, without having to call for anyone's head.

• Like 1

Who has final say (or even first say) on staff at the end of a season? What is the sequence followed in putting a show on the field?

Is there a "chief of staff" who all coordinates the brass, drum, pit, color guard, visual staff members?

My understanding is that you have a design team..... an instruction team, and then techs.....

How many members typically on the entire instructional/design team of a top-10 corps?

I would love to see Mark Thurston come out of retirement and go back to the Crossmen - but that happening is about as likely as George Hopkins saying he was wrong about alternative instrumentation and electronics :augen51: .

He was dead-on right about alternative instruments. That french horn feature is bananas.

• Like 2

INT is rumored to have some new tasty surprises in store for us for 2016.

I just hope its not all hype.

I hope they hire a new program coordinator.