Staff changes 2016

I hope Cadets are having these thoughts about the Guard staff.

Cadets need a major overhaul of that guard program. I think it cost them the Gold in 2007, was weak in 2013, and this year it's again pulling the corps down that should be on top. . GH has to pull in a big name and let that person being his people in. Edited by Tobias

I would love to see Mark Thurston come out of retirement and go back to the Crossmen - but that happening is about as likely as George Hopkins saying he was wrong about alternative instrumentation and electronics :augen51: .

But will Hopkins admit he is wrong about the black unis if the corps doesn't win or wrong about having his daughter as color guard head while Bruno does admin duties on tour because Hopkins is jet-setting the nation and beyond? Just asking?

BRASSO, on 03 Aug 2015 - 3:31 PM, said:snapback.png

INT is rumored to have some new tasty surprises in store for us for 2016.

I just hope its not all hype.

I hope they hire a new program coordinator.

I hope this tired joke runs it's course soon.

• Like 6

But will Hopkins admit he is wrong about the black unis if the corps doesn't win or wrong about having his daughter as color guard head while Bruno does admin duties on tour because Hopkins is jet-setting the nation and beyond? Just asking?

Just because you think he's wrong doesn't actually mean he's wrong. That's just your opinion. Why should he admit he is wrong about something he doesn't believe he's wrong about just to soothe you?

I think Phantom should beef up their CG and percussion staff (not necessarily sack anyone) as well as start becoming more open during the design process kind of like the Cadets. I think that would have an overall positive impact on their show design, without having to call for anyone's head.

How does being more open provide a positive impact on the show design? I mean, they could've leaked details of the shopping spree, but I don't know it would've changed things.

Being critical of conceptual design has been really hard on me and exhausting this season - I can't imagine having to sustain it for a few extra months.

• Like 1

How does being more open provide a positive impact on the show design? I mean, they could've leaked details of the shopping spree, but I don't know it would've changed things.

Being critical of conceptual design has been really hard on me and exhausting this season - I can't imagine having to sustain it for a few extra months.

I was going for Regiment being more open to ideas outside of just the design staff. I've seen some amazing ideas on here and I doubt the whole Drum Corps population uses DCP Edited by Cappybara

I, too, feel Jerry Jones has been more of a detriment to the team than a good and isn't the leader the Cowboys need to once again be Americas team.

Sorry, wrong sport? Wrong sport.

Except in Texas, the Dallas Cowboys were never " America's Team ", imo.

• Like 1

I would love to see Mark Thurston come out of retirement and go back to the Crossmen - but that happening is about as likely as George Hopkins saying he was wrong about alternative instrumentation and electronics :augen51: .

Is Mark in "retirement"? I thought he wrote for Reading Bucs this year.

But will Hopkins admit he is wrong about the black unis if the corps doesn't win Just asking?

When has a uniform cost a Corps a Championship ? If you can't think of a time ( I certainly can't ), then why would ANY Corps Director want to assign a loss to a uniform ? Heck, we can just imagine the outcry if a Corps Director used the excuse and attributed his Corps loss to....... " our uniform choice".

Edited by BRASSO

BRASSO, on 03 Aug 2015 - 3:31 PM, said:snapback.png

I hope this tired joke runs it's course soon.

I need to include my assessment on this chance in one of the upcoming 2016 prediction threads. I 'd say the chances of its running its course in 2016 is 63.750 %..... a slight uptick from last year's prediction chances.

Edited by BRASSO