Staff changes 2016

I've said it before but a uniform will not cost the Cadets a championship. Their (maybe, finals hasn't happened yet) stronger competition will cost them one.

The only people who say that the Unis will cost cadets a championship are the ones who are butthurt about Cadets changing their unis in the first place.

What I'd like is for phantom to part ways with Don Hill. He has done a great job but it's not the Shaw-like horn line everyone fell in love with. There are others but I will hold my tongue.

I wouldn't mind that either. But then the question becomes, who can take his place?

• Like 1

Just because you think he's wrong doesn't actually mean he's wrong. That's just your opinion. Why should he admit he is wrong about something he doesn't believe he's wrong about just to soothe you?

When has a uniform cost a Corps a Championship ? If you can't think of a time ( I certainly can't ), then why would ANY Corps Director want to assign a loss to a uniform ? Heck, we can just imagine the outcry if a Corps Director used the excuse and attributed his Corps loss to....... " our uniform choice".

I think he's being sarcastic, at least I hope he is.

The interesting thing is that changes are being made right now, as we all read this. Caption heads are resigning/retiring or being replaced. Some are mulling offers from other corps. Some techs are being considered for caption head positions, while others are trying to figure out where they will go when their caption head gets sacked.

Corps directors are figuring all this out now, because the hot stove burns bright in the month of August, and if you don't have your design team and caption heads locked in by mid-September, you're way behind the eight ball. Section techs will be figured out generally by October 1st.

It's not unreasonable to discuss this now, because I guarantee you many corps staffs certainly are :)

Fine I'll play then.

I hope City of Light is the last PR brass book I hear written by Don Hill. I haven't enjoyed a single show he's written. Ironically, I am infatuated with EVERY SINGLE PR show musically from 02-2011.

My vote for replacement goes to Frank Sullivan. I've enjoyed most every show he's written. You can't watch this and not think he'd be great for phantom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc1bsIXVlDs

also if they get a program coordinator who has a clue, that'd be great. Programming has been... not great...even frustratingly bad, as of late.

----

Cavaliers: I would love to see Michael Gaines come back, or see him at bluecoats. I think he'd fit their style well

• Like 7

Fine I'll play then.

I hope City of Light is the last PR brass book I hear written by Don Hill. I haven't enjoyed a single show he's written. Ironically, I am infatuated with EVERY SINGLE PR show musically from 02-2011.

My vote for replacement goes to Frank Sullivan. I've enjoyed most every show he's written. You can't watch this and not think he'd be great for phantom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc1bsIXVlDs

also if they get a program coordinator who has a clue, that'd be great. Programming has been... not great...even frustratingly bad, as of late.

----

Cavaliers: I would love to see Michael Gaines come back, or see him at bluecoats. I think he'd fit their style well

....................................my agreement with you is spotty. But I'd LOVE that. I miss Mr. Sullivan at Blue Stars, love what Saucedo is doing there, but no show since 2012 has been QUITE as special to me as the Sullivan years. Last year was pretty #### close though. I could see him being a great fit at Phantom, I'd love him back in drum corps some where.

The intensity and emotion in his arranging is too good not to be somewhere.

Edited by DrumManTx