Staff changes 2016

....................................my agreement with you is spotty. But I'd LOVE that. I miss Mr. Sullivan at Blue Stars, love what Saucedo is doing there, but no show since 2012 has been QUITE as special to me as the Sullivan years. Last year was pretty #### close though. I could see him being a great fit at Phantom, I'd love him back in drum corps some where.

The intensity and emotion in his arranging is too good not to be somewhere.

agreed, I loved blue stars when he was writing for them. Le Tour is still one of my favorite shows = ironically that makes for a great comparison. THAT paris show was great, as was the arrangement of organ symphony.

• Like 1

agreed, I loved blue stars when he was writing for them. Le Tour is still one of my favorite shows = ironically that makes for a great comparison. THAT paris show was great, as was the arrangement of organ symphony.

I hadn't even thought of that show as a comparison to Phantom.......................but it kinda makes sense. All french music done beautifully, I mean that ballad. Oh my God. I do enjoy Phantom's Organ Symphony for the most part, just seems a bit over done.

You make a great point there. I'm warming up to Phantoms show this year, just not that much. I'd love to see him jump back in the DCI game again. I'd probably fall in love with whoever it would be.

Edited by DrumManTx

There's a couple of staffs I don't want to see change. BK, Pioneer, Blue Stars and Mandarins come to mind.

TOTALLY agree on these. Blue Stars, hard to follow last year, but overall this is a strong offering in an INCREDIBLY competitive year. Brass made a huge jump, and the percussion and guard are as great as ever. Love what Saucedo is doing, his arrangements this year and last are fantastic, was worried after a kinda ho hum all original show in 2013. LOTS of positive comments on here as well, so it can't be too bad right? :P I said I wasn't going to name names, but as a long time fan of them, wouldn't mind seeing a new face in the visual design department. Visual GE scores this year are..................not too strong in relativity to how they're doing in other captions. I can't help but think with a stronger visual package they woulda been fighting in the top 8, music captions, Music GE, Guard are all there. And their visual scores have made HUGE strides since that 15th scare in San Antonio. Just a personal thought. Regardless, keep this staff together! Consistency is key, and boy do they have some great names.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

I've said it before but a uniform will not cost the Cadets a championship. Their (maybe, finals hasn't happened yet) stronger competition will cost them one.

The only people who say that the Unis will cost cadets a championship are the ones who are butthurt about Cadets changing their unis in the first place.

I was talking with a DCI judge this past weekend...he even commented to me how weird it was to see the Cadets in black...we both agreed that their white pants 'highlight' movement...which was the difference.

• Like 2

I, too, feel Jerry Jones has been more of a detriment to the team than a good and isn't the leader the Cowboys need to once again be Americas team.

Sorry, wrong sport? Wrong sport.

Take it back!

I've said it before but a uniform will not cost the Cadets a championship. Their (maybe, finals hasn't happened yet) stronger competition will cost them one.

The only people who say that the Unis will cost cadets a championship are the ones who are butthurt about Cadets changing their unis in the first place.

in Greater NY area, in your comment about those who disagree with uniform matters is a sexual street term with very definite denotations. I'm not interested. Moderators please purge.

in Greater NY area, in your comment about those who disagree with uniform matters is a sexual street term with very definite denotations. I'm not interested. Moderators please purge.

if you are referring to 'butthurt"..get over it dude...it is used all the time with the younger generation...haha

• Like 1

Is Mark in "retirement"? I thought he wrote for Reading Bucs this year.

Well - I meant retirement from DCI.