Staff changes 2016

I'm thinking SCV may make major changes to their brass staff. The top 4 is just too strong. They need to compete on every level.

I was thinking this after seeing the last few recaps. The team that was instrumental in SCV garnering its two Ott awards in '84 & '87 (yes, it has been that long) is still around and in pretty decent health; they might be in their late 50's now but even in the "hear & now" of DCI I think Tim S., Rick S., John F., & Chris N./Bob or Dave B. could recapture that magic. I can just imagine Tim doing one of his "super-subtle" yet epic motivational speeches along the lines of, "Some of your moms and dads marched under us...that said, I know you can be better players than they were."
  • Like 1

TOTALLY agree on these. Blue Stars, hard to follow last year, but overall this is a strong offering in an INCREDIBLY competitive year. Brass made a huge jump, and the percussion and guard are as great as ever. Love what Saucedo is doing, his arrangements this year and last are fantastic, was worried after a kinda ho hum all original show in 2013. LOTS of positive comments on here as well, so it can't be too bad right? :P I said I wasn't going to name names, but as a long time fan of them, wouldn't mind seeing a new face in the visual design department. Visual GE scores this year are..................not too strong in relativity to how they're doing in other captions. I can't help but think with a stronger visual package they woulda been fighting in the top 8, music captions, Music GE, Guard are all there. And their visual scores have made HUGE strides since that 15th scare in San Antonio. Just a personal thought. Regardless, keep this staff together! Consistency is key, and boy do they have some great names.

Both BK and BS had an incredibly hard act to follow after 2014. Those shows will go down as some of my all-time favorites.

• Like 2

Just because you think he's wrong doesn't actually mean he's wrong. That's just your opinion. Why should he admit he is wrong about something he doesn't believe he's wrong about just to soothe you?

When has a uniform cost a Corps a Championship ? If you can't think of a time ( I certainly can't ), then why would ANY Corps Director want to assign a loss to a uniform ? Heck, we can just imagine the outcry if a Corps Director used the excuse and attributed his Corps loss to....... " our uniform choice".

I'll answer this after the season is finished and the numbers gather dust.

You might want to check Liahona's editorial about current judging discussions.

Even visual staff members and MMs are currently debating the choice amongst themselves let alone the alumni and Donors. There is not a consensus but rather a tough it out for the last week resonance.

Edited by xandandl

if you are referring to 'butthurt"..get over it dude...it is used all the time with the younger generation...haha

Guess I hold DCP to a higher standard in an activity that supposedly always strives for excellence in all things all the time rather than the minimalism of some that it's not as bad as RAMD.

I am surprised you settled for the low bar.

Guess I hold DCP to a higher standard in an activity that supposedly always strives for excellence in all things all the time rather than the minimalism of some that it's not as bad as RAMD.

I am surprised you settled for the low bar.

Fair enough...I guess it just really doesn't bother me all that much...When I was younger my generation said a lot worse then that...

I would love to see Mark Thurston come out of retirement and go back to the Crossmen - but that happening is about as likely as George Hopkins saying he was wrong about alternative instrumentation and electronics :augen51: .

Whatever happened to Robbie Robinson? I loved the snare lines that Thurston & Robinson marched in.

Whatever happened to Robbie Robinson? I loved the snare lines that Thurston & Robinson marched in.

Pretty sure that Robbie has never taught at the DCI level. Although he DID win snare individuals at DCA a couple years ago.

Edited by cf144

Double post

Edited by cf144

Pretty sure that Robbie has never taught at the DCI level. Although he DID win snare individuals at DCA a couple years ago.

Robbie's Dad was Crossmen's Corp Director, right? I aged out of Madison in 1981 & Robbie marched with BD in 1981 his age out year, & BD had an awful drum line that year...finished 9th if I remember correctly.