Staff changes 2016

in Greater NY area, in your comment about those who disagree with uniform matters is a sexual street term with very definite denotations. I'm not interested. Moderators please purge.

1. Well it sure as hell is a good thing that the majority of DCP doesn't live in the Greater NY area and aren't stuck in the damnn 20th century.

2. Sorry you're not interested. I myself am not very interested in your overly PC attitude about literally everything.

Can we get back on topic rather than arguing over pedantic word choice, please?

• Like 2

Fine I'll play then.

I hope City of Light is the last PR brass book I hear written by Don Hill. I haven't enjoyed a single show he's written. Ironically, I am infatuated with EVERY SINGLE PR show musically from 02-2011.

My vote for replacement goes to Frank Sullivan. I've enjoyed most every show he's written. You can't watch this and not think he'd be great for phantom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc1bsIXVlDs

also if they get a program coordinator who has a clue, that'd be great. Programming has been... not great...even frustratingly bad, as of late.

----

Cavaliers: I would love to see Michael Gaines come back, or see him at bluecoats. I think he'd fit their style well

I'm not familiar with Frank Sullivan (I'll be sure to check some of his stuff out) but if he's an improvement over Don Hill, I'm ready to embrace a change.

Also, didn't Don arrange the 2011 show? I thought Shaw and Rennick left after 2010?

I'm not familiar with Frank Sullivan (I'll be sure to check some of his stuff out) but if he's an improvement over Don Hill, I'm ready to embrace a change.

Also, didn't Don arrange the 2011 show? I thought Shaw and Rennick left after 2010?

Shaw left after 2011.

Robbie's Dad was Crossmen's Corp Director, right? I aged out of Madison in 1981 & Robbie marched with BD in 1981 his age out year, & BD had an awful drum line that year...finished 9th if I remember correctly.

Correct - Harold Robinson was the founder and director of the corps for the first 10 years.

Robbie returned to the Crossmen to age out with them in 1982 (7th place)

Here is Robbie's snare solo from 2012 DCA I&E https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ogKCpYo1BU

Edited by cf144

Rennick left for the 2011 season, Shaw for the 2012.

Mr. Sullivan did Blue Stars shows from 08 - 12. Personal favorite arranger, TONS of intensity and emotion. I'd suggest Blue Stars 2010 ballad for the best example. Absolutely beautiful.

In high school land he does Tarpon Springs shows.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Correct - Harold Robinson was the founder and director of the corps for the first 10 years.

Robbie returned to the Crossmen to age out with them in 1982 (7th place)

Ah, ok. I thought he aged out with BD. Thanks.

I miss Mr. Sullivan at Blue Stars, love what Saucedo is doing there, but no show since 2012 has been QUITE as special to me as the Sullivan years. Last year was pretty #### close though. I could see him being a great fit at Phantom, I'd love him back in drum corps some where.

The intensity and emotion in his arranging is too good not to be somewhere.

Sullivan is a guy who can work very well in both the marching band world (just won a BOA title, right?) and in drum corps.

I'd also take a design staff "wife swap" with the entire current Blue Stars design staff. While I think the show this year is pretty silly, it's well integrated and capable of differing levels of sophistication depending on how you want to view it. Much like last year.

I'd also "settle" for begging JD Shaw back. I'm starting a twitter campaign. #PleaseJD

• Like 2

Ah, ok. I thought he aged out with BD. Thanks.

He went to BD for that one year to win a ring - but SCV won in '81.

Here's his I&E solo from '82 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUuJpWXyTFs

And this is Thurston's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhu1zw8Lhew

Sullivan is a guy who can work very well in both the marching band world (just won a BOA title, right?) and in drum corps.

I'd also take a design staff "wife swap" with the entire current Blue Stars design staff. While I think the show this year is pretty silly, it's well integrated and capable of differing levels of sophistication depending on how you want to view it. Much like last year.

I'd also "settle" for begging JD Shaw back. I'm starting a twitter campaign. #PleaseJD

Is this campaign a thing? I'll totally join you