Staff changes 2016

Wow, I'd certainly heard of him but I never realized how decorated he was! I'll be sure to listen to listen to Blue Stars' shows (the only one I've heard from that time period was Houdini) if DCI can get archives back up soon.

Yup. He's the one who ran to the field and poured water on my face after I passed out in Texas.

• Like 4

I think it's the Jim Wren hornline that had everyone falling in love with the Regiment hornline. He was THE original guy. Shaw had a term there, but Wren is the original and is still around the corps.

Playing his arrangements was a blast. I feel very fortunate to have had the chance and I still think his work was the best the corps has had. But that doesn't mean there isn't somebody out there waiting to take up the reigns. Gotta keep looking forward...

• Like 2

Fine I'll play then.

I hope City of Light is the last PR brass book I hear written by Don Hill. I haven't enjoyed a single show he's written. Ironically, I am infatuated with EVERY SINGLE PR show musically from 02-2011.

My vote for replacement goes to Frank Sullivan. I've enjoyed most every show he's written. You can't watch this and not think he'd be great for phantom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc1bsIXVlDs

also if they get a program coordinator who has a clue, that'd be great. Programming has been... not great...even frustratingly bad, as of late.

----

Cavaliers: I would love to see Michael Gaines come back, or see him at bluecoats. I think he'd fit their style well

Seconded, thirded, the motion carries.

While you're at it, get rid of Earnhardt, too. His musical coordination is crap. The pieces chosen and transitions suuuuck.

Playing his arrangements was a blast. I feel very fortunate to have had the chance and I still think his work was the best the corps has had. But that doesn't mean there isn't somebody out there waiting to take up the reigns. Gotta keep looking forward...

Too bad Wren didn't have an assistant to mentor to ensure the tradition and style carried on. Dan Farrell needs to go back to building leading hornlines and cause some major structure damage again, especially to the electronic instruments. Crush'em once and for all.

I was talking with a DCI judge this past weekend...he even commented to me how weird it was to see the Cadets in black...we both agreed that their white pants 'highlight' movement...which was the difference.

Agreed,

Yup. He's the one who ran to the field and poured water on my face after I passed out in Texas.

I'd share Frank Sullivan stories but most (and the best) are of the college variety. So in everyone's best interest I'll just say I wish Frank was still writing for drum corps and leave it at that.

As great as it would be to see Frank Sulliven back in the game, I think we will have to wait another year or so for that to happen. I am pretty sure he just had a baby. Frank is the type of guy that wants to be on tour as much as possible if he is arranging for someone. So I think it will be a little while before he does anything in drum corps. Could be wrong though.

• Like 1

Id say that there will be no significant changes on staff for:

Bd

Crown

Cadets
Coats

SCV

BK

Scouts

Troopers

Colts

Look for Changes at:

Phantom-That whole organization needs revamped. The current regime will run that organization to the ground if they keep going as it is.

Cavies- Percussion is not up to the stuff that corps is used to. Nothing is really, but I don't see them making any other changes.

Crusaders-I don't know where the changes will come, but generally that corps is occupies the same rankings every year, since ever it feels like.

Crossmen-Brass staff. Get back to the basics.

Stars-Keep everything as is but the visual team. The team has been together for a couple of years now, and it is not going anywhere.

• Like 1

Correct - Harold Robinson was the founder and director of the corps for the first 10 years.

Robbie returned to the Crossmen to age out with them in 1982 (7th place)

Here is Robbie's snare solo from 2012 DCA I&E https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ogKCpYo1BU

I didnt know Robbie was still playing. Holy crap that snare solo is outstanding!