Staff changes 2016

Fair enough...I guess it just really doesn't bother me all that much...When I was younger my generation said a lot worse then that...

you're ####### right we say worse ####

:cool:

• Like 1

Phantom. Though I guess that could be applied to both corps.

A lot of people are calling for a total overhaul of the Phantom organization and I think that's highly unnecessary. A new program coordinator is a must, in my opinion. Just to bring in a fresh mind full of ideas. Percussion and Guard are continually trending down, suggesting that a change would not hurt. Brass is staying steadyish, so I think some more time is needed along with a stronger program to work with. Visually in terms of drill, I think the design is pretty decent.

A lot of people are calling for Don Hill's head. He certainly isn't my favorite arranger, but he is not bad by any means. He has been given some pretty uninspired and overused pieces to work with, resulting in a lot of people comparing his arrangements with previous arrangements. Not exactly fair.

Phantoms percussion was young, and from what I hear the snares are all coming back. Clarity wise, it's their best percussion effort since Rennick left, but to make the jump, they need a better show to work with.

The key at Phantom is retaining that Regiment aura without taking a trip back in time.

But if they are going to revisit the past, as they seem to want to do, there's a show from 89 they haven't hit yet

• Like 5

Phantoms percussion was young, and from what I hear the snares are all coming back. Clarity wise, it's their best percussion effort since Rennick left, but to make the jump, they need a better show to work with.

The key at Phantom is retaining that Regiment aura without taking a trip back in time.

But if they are going to revisit the past, as they seem to want to do, there's a show from 89 they haven't hit yet

Thanks for the insight on the percussion front. I'm clueless about percussion and was just going off of their scores. If you sense that there has been an improvement in their line, then retaining the staff would be the best option.

And totally agree with you regarding making sure they maintain that "aura." I always think of Into the Light as the ultimate Phantom Regiment show in terms of creativity while maintaining their identity.

Thanks for the insight on the percussion front. I'm clueless about percussion and was just going off of their scores. If you sense that there has been an improvement in their line, then retaining the staff would be the best option.

And totally agree with you regarding making sure they maintain that "aura." I always think of Into the Light as the ultimate Phantom Regiment show in terms of creativity while maintaining their identity.

They've definitely been better the past 2 years compared to 2011 - 2013. Actually enjoy their book from last year just listening to it from lot videos............they have a good thing going. Kuhn was a great choice, keep him for sure. Do whatever they need with the instructional staff, but I like what their percussion offered this season.

• Like 1

I would think to 06 myself.

and I taught a kid who marched there. someone else said in this thread...the problem with Phantom runs far deeper than who writes the shows.

oh and for Crossmen, they need to find someone who can be the person that makes they never have heart attack penalties again on semis day

• Like 4

I remember late in the '13 season the members were like, "Oh great! Another throwback..."

• Like 1

Recall that several weeks back the Cavaliers advertised a job opening for a CEO.

This was a new director's first year after following an admin team which was super experienced.

A shift in the ways energies are applied often occurs. That a shift in program director happens should be seen in a larger picture.

The "virus" which plagued them for almost a month should also be remembered.

this is just an excuse now...

They've definitely been better the past 2 years compared to 2011 - 2013. Actually enjoy their book from last year just listening to it from lot videos............they have a good thing going. Kuhn was a great choice, keep him for sure. Do whatever they need with the instructional staff, but I like what their percussion offered this season.

Agreed. Love what Bret is doing with that line. Hope he stays.