Open Class World Championship Prelims - August 3rd

Open and International Class corps will kick off the 2015 DCI World Championships, Monday, August 3, in Michigan City, Indiana.

The Open Class portion of the following lineup is based upon the average of those corps’ two highest scores from shows held between July 22 and August 1.

Open Class World Championship Prelims
Ames Field, Michigan City, IN
Monday, August 3, 2015

4:00 p.m. – Blue Saints
4:17 p.m. – Racine Scouts
4:34 p.m. – Les Stentors
4:51 p.m. – River City Rhythm
5:08 p.m. – Colt Cadets
5:25 p.m. – Raiders
5:42 p.m. – Gold
5:59 p.m. – Music City

6:16 p.m. – Intermission (34 min.)

6:50 p.m. – 7th Regiment
7:07 p.m. – Spartans
7:24 p.m. – Legends
7:41 p.m. – Genesis
7:58 p.m. – Blue Devils B
8:15 p.m. – Vanguard Cadets
8:32 p.m. – Gita Surosowan Banten (Indonesia)
8:49 p.m. – Chien Kuo HS (Taiwan)
9:06 p.m. – Jubal (The Netherlands)

9:30 p.m. – Last scores announced

Times Central Time Zone and subject to change.

Best of luck to all the Open Class corps! So many great shows this year, I wish I could have seen them more and I woulda discussed them a lot more on here. Have a great run tonight and tomorrow, and I'm very excited to see the shows on the Prelims Webcast!

• Like 1

It is probably something they are planning/considering for the future. Keep in mind there are a lot of costs to film and stream live so it is not as simple as just throwing up a camera and one microphone. You should send them a note that to be sure they know you, as a fan, are interested in seeing this as they may not ever know by just your post on here.

They're already planning to film it, I'm sure, just as they've done in years past.

(I was tickled, on viewing the 2012 DVD, to discover I could see my car in the background for much of Finals.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Keep in mind there are a lot of costs to film and stream live so it is not as simple as just throwing up a camera and one microphone.

And yet people in the audience can Periscope the entire show even simpler, if the ushers don't shut them down.

Was extremely disappointed to see this wasn't included last week. I had assumed when they talked about the expanded event coverage that they'd at least give us Open Class's two most special shows of the season. Guess I thought wrong. Looking forward to the live blog starting around in just under an hour!

Edited by DrumManTx

Good luck to all the corps! Ames field is a nice place to watch drum corps. One of the great thrills of my life was watching my son march OC12's 'Dreaming In Color' there. All in all a great town, friendly people, and you can include a nice day on the sandy beach of Lake Michigan!

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 2

It is probably something they are planning/considering for the future. Keep in mind there are a lot of costs to film and stream live so it is not as simple as just throwing up a camera and one microphone. You should send them a note that to be sure they know you, as a fan, are interested in seeing this as they may not ever know by just your post on here.

With all of the commercials that are thrown in in between corps at the shows that they currently video it should cost almost nothing.