Cadets, Back to Maroon and gold please?

I think the mistake was thinking that a uniform color change would somehow miraculously gain them 5 points or something. They feel that it accentuates the neon in the guard...OK. Perhaps it does, but it was never going to be a game changer. I think they definitely need to stick with it if they feel it helps, but they have other issues to deal with if they want to win. Not saying they can't, just saying that the uniform color isn't going to win them a championship.

Dan

I don't think they thought black would catapult them into first place in and of itself. They were attempting to layer the program with the whole neon thing. I just think it took away the ability to see their great marching an effect standpoint. Edited by Tobias

I think the mistake was thinking that a uniform color change would somehow miraculously gain them 5 points or something. They feel that it accentuates the neon in the guard...OK. Perhaps it does, but it was never going to be a game changer. I think they definitely need to stick with it if they feel it helps, but they have other issues to deal with if they want to win. Not saying they can't, just saying that the uniform color isn't going to win them a championship.

Dan

I don't think THEY thought the color change was going to be a game changer. It think everyone else thought it would be.

• Like 7

I don't think THEY thought the color change was going to be a game changer. It think everyone else thought it would be.

If that's the case, why wait until three shows before finals week to make the change? Why not roll out in June with them? This is what makes no sense about the late season change...and I'm totally unconvinced Jeff knew this was coming when he the drill.

• Like 2

If that's the case, why wait until three shows before finals week to make the change? Why not roll out in June with them? This is what makes no sense about the late season change...and I'm totally unconvinced Jeff knew this was coming when he the drill.

Why don't you go ask the source? As far as I know and was told by people who are running Cadets, this was planned way in advance. But you should go ask them because I can't answer for them.

Why don't you go ask the source? As far as I know and was told by people who are running Cadets, this was planned way in advance. But you should go ask them because I can't answer for them.

Oh, I'm not saying anyone was full of it or anything, it's just that the whole thing is really...weird. I like the black uniform.

:(

Still love the show. A uniform won't change that. It's not like they're getting beat by a bottom 6 corps, they're vying back and forth with one of the best set of shows I've ever seen. Them and Bluecoats both gained some serious ground on Crown tonight. Don't care if people agree with it or not, take that how you will. Cadets will be fine in Indy, all it takes is one show to catapult them to the top. I hate seeing people implode like this, I know it's not fun when scores don't go your way, but it could be worse. And I'll finish with this:

Amen.

Can you imagine the mocking that would be hurled at them if they did go back (and rightfully so, given the hype they built up around the change)? Honestly, it's absolutely the right thing to stick with the change, for good or ill.

Regarding mocking, if anyone could put a positive spin returning to the old uniforms, it's George Hopkins. I don't see it happening either.

I personally think the uniforms work out really well for this show. While I would hate a long departure from the traditional uniforms we love, I don't mind the change to black for just a year to accent the show and theme. I still would hate for them to do this year after year like crown. I love Cadets traditional uniform, and I really miss the old look of the Crown uniforms. I liked the E=mc2 uniforms, but I wish they would have gone back to their old uniforms after that.

Edited by spencerg98

If a Cadet lost his lovely Marion, will some trickets of gold bring her back ?

Who knows... but for years its been known that diamonds are a girls best friend.