Hotel crisis in Indi, anyone have an empty floor?

Bah-dun-sssshhh?

Well, how does one dispute drumspeak with the "beatmaker"?

We've been coming to Indy for years - same hotel. This year, everything is sold out or doggone expensive. Ouch!

Someome mentioned it already but, book early!! I booked mine in October last year. If you end up not needing it, cancel it. No charge to just make a reservation with most places.

• Like 1

My hotel arrangements fell through so now I'm scrambling to find somewhere to stay Thur/Fri/Sat nights. Hotels are all booked or outrageous rates now, as is AirBNB, so if anyone has any space on their floor I would greatly appreciate it and can *pay* you. I packed my sleeping pad so I would be comfortable on a floor, just need somewhere to lay my head. I'm a married 28 year old male, if that makes any difference! Thanks!

Someone on reddit mentioned volunteering with a corps to stay with them, which I would 100% do if I knew who to contact, etc.

Stay in Bloomington...it's not all that far from Indy...at least it didn't seem that far to me in 2008...

edit: well that's about an hour...maybe a little too far for some.

Edited by Liahona

I think there is also a swim meet in town. At least according to the team jackets/shirts I'm seeing.

I think there is also a swim meet in town. At least according to the team jackets/shirts I'm seeing.

I think you're right. I've seen a bunch of those too.

My memory is that part of the reason DCI got a good deal at LOS the first time around was that downtown hotels were generally having trouble selling rooms for August weekends. Even though room capacity has increased in downtown Indy since the deal was struck, rising room rates for DCI along with few rooms available suggest that Indy has solved this problem.