Theater versus Home Viewing Thursday

Thanks for the link Everyfan. I would never have found it there, in the place where you choose your package. I paid for my sub months ago, and if I need info, I click on the DCI Live! page. It's not even in the FAQ.

The message looks clear, no live feed, top 15 corps for the subscriber on Thurs nite.

• Like 1

I expect more theaters will be adding security (and, of course, raising prices to pay for it).

Having an extra mall cop near the theater wouldn't exactly inspire confidence for me.

Our current theater security includes the girl selling tickets and the teenager who takes that ticket at the door.

Edited by wvu80

Thanks for the link Everyfan. I would never have found it there, in the place where you choose your package. I paid for my sub months ago, and if I need info, I click on the DCI Live! page. It's not even in the FAQ.

The message looks clear, no live feed, top 15 corps for the subscriber on Thurs nite.

Yes... thats a great find. I missed it on the first go around too.

• Like 1

You never know if they will cut the feed or not after the first 25. Though this year I think it will stop within seconds of it ending the way things have been. Heck, in 2013 they kept showing the feed for all corps even though they said it would stop when the theater started and it was available for a week until I rebooted my computer.

Now I'm just plain confused. Yes or no please.

• Like 1

I think it's safe to say that Brasso simply misunderstood what the people on the DCI line meant and that the information on the website is what is actually happening (only the last 25 corps will be broadcasted)

• Like 1

2015 DCI Live! World Championship Bundle - $79.95

3 days of World Championship events including the Prelims*, Semifinals and Finals

Bundle costs less than a value-priced ticket for each event!

*Prelims webcast includes only the first 25 competing corps prior to the start of the Big, Loud & Live cinema event in movie theaters nationwide

I am disappointed because if they aren't showing everyone, the theater option doesn't work for me. If I went to the nearest theater and stayed through the whole thing, I wouldn't get home until 1 am. I have to wake up at 6 to go to work.

Paying for the ticket only to leave after Madison doesn't make sense.

Ok, here's a little lesson for those of you that seem to be incapable of finding information on a website. Here's the subscription information for the Finals package-

Select Subscription

2015 DCI Live! World Championship Bundle -...

$79.95

Onetime Payment

More Info

Have an access code reg_flow_help.jpg

Right below the Sign Up button is a link "More Info." If you took any initiative at all and clicked on the link, you would see the following-

• Best Value!
  • Onetime Payment
$79.95

3 days of World Championship events including the Prelims*, Semifinals and Finals

Bundle costs less than a value-priced ticket for each event!

*Prelims webcast includes only the first 25 competing corps prior to the start of the Big, Loud & Live cinema event in movie theaters nationwide

Don't know about the rest of you, but I think it's pretty clear that you WILL NOT SEE the corps that are part of BL&L.

You're Welcome!

• Like 1

I bought the $99 package at the beginning of the season. I called DCI today and they said there would be no interruption to Prelims - I will be seeing ALL corps.

I will be really ticked off if that is not the case because there was never any indication of anything different.

And I think the tiny asterisk on the $79 package is deceptive to the consumer.

• Like 1