Official DCI Prelims Thread 2015

Yeah, I love their show and hornline, but they sounded a little off their game tonight. Still phenomenal but I heard the same as you.

I heard the same thing. The early entrance and note length matching was the most noticeable. They probably do have close to the most transparent and isolated entrances. It was very uncharacteristic. I was beginning to question the recording equipment. HA!

If you want to see really idiotic commentary, check out the comments on the youtube feed during the Cadets' performance.

• Like 2

You are entitled to your opinion. :)

But I bet you haven't seen them live, have you? They are TEN TIMES (apologies Cadets) better live. The horn impacts are freaking unbelievable and will crack concrete. You cannot hear that on the feed.

You also have to see that guard to believe them. simply the best.

I've seen them live and Bluecoats are much louder and I think a better brass line. I do agree with you on the guard though.

I hate to say it but you really missed out. The show is really some completely different live, in a good way.

I didn't like their show until I saw it live... after that I thought it was the best of 2015

I've seen them live and Bluecoats are much louder and I think a better brass line. I do agree with you on the guard though.

The bluecoats are not louder.

So... that opening hit from The Cadets was not judged. It went off before the judges got the go-ahead. Has that always been the case or did they start too early?

Don't know. That might have been for the best. It was a crazy bright cord. Almost to the point of being a knock.