Official DCI Prelims Thread 2015

This is confusing. Either, how did you not get a penalty all year long? Or, why would you use something you've never used all year for the last three shows? Or, how are you in an elite class, like BD, and not know that rule? Side note: Anyone found a link where these rules are located? Very curious IF this infraction is true.

I doubt they made it up.

I know it's basically forbidden to say this on DCP but Blue Devils were my favorite. And I'm not a homer

They just keep serving up varied, inventive, entertaining musical and visual moments performed at an unbelievable level

I agree. BD the past few years (especially) have just been hitting the design/concept aspect out of the park!

• Like 3

Chief Judge.... and no it wasn't Tony DeCarlo as Chief Judge tonite.

Legitimate question: isn't the Chief Judge (or the Timing and Penalties Judge for that matter) occupied with the details of the performances on the field? I just can't imaging the Chief Judge walking around policing the warmup area when all of the performances are going on - doesn't he/she have a ton of other/more responsibilities during the shows? Similarly, I also would imagine a Timing and Penalties Judge would be occupied with assessing timing and penalties for the shows as they are performed, necessitating that individual to watch the shows.

Or perhaps I don't understand anything about how these things are judged (which is always a distinct possibility :)

Edited by Quad Aces
  • Like 2

Just saw on FB:

The drum line used a dr. beat during the warm up. Apparently it's a DCI rule. Scott didn't know

"...used a drum beat during the warm up."

What the heck does that even mean? Was a DCI official watching warm ups? Drums have been using "drum beats" to warm up since the beginning of time. :tic:

+++

Edit: I now know the post was referring to "Dr. Beat," not "drum beat. Punctuation matters. :cool:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Hearing from @corpscores that OC's penalty was the Dr Beat and BD's was warming up too close to stadium(?).

Who knows?

I doubt they made it up.

Not questioning the judges, but more the source of the information. How many great conversations have you had that started "So, I read on Facebook"?

Yes it couldl! But, with Marie Capinski judging guard, that is NOT good for PR. Too much 'bad' history.

Not that I know the history but just going off of previous experiences with judges at the high school level (timing issue, he was ###### because the girls stepped out before he said it was ok) and I know its all relative but how can any judge that has had "history" if known well enough be included in the panel. I know its all "I'm neutral" but still.

Hearing from @corpscores that OC's penalty was the Dr Beat and BD's was warming up too close to stadium(?).

Who knows?

Guess it doesn't matter at this point. I'm sure both corps will be a bit more careful tomorrow.

• Like 1