Official DCI Prelims Thread 2015

Dr. Beat. Meaning DOCTOR BEAT. It's a loud metronome. You know what that is?!

Dr beat meaning DOCTOR beat? Sure I know what that is, but I thought someone referenced a drum guy, my bad, that's what threw me off.

Thanks for the clarification.

I don't feel like scanning this thread but can someone tell me why BD got a penalty?

They went offsides near a football field. .5 yard penalty, and a loss of down.

• Like 2

BD and OC penalties both for using amplified Dr. Beat in Military Park. 100% confirmation on this.

actually i can see where several competing dr beats could really be bad in a warmup area.

Could be if there were 5 goups all within a 50 yard radius of each other. Thats why groups traditionally spread out.

My point is that a drumline simply playing is just as loud as the metronome. If the metronome is a distraction, so is the act of playing if you are that close to the group.

Come on guys. Crown has won the last two regionals and prelims. It's not that it can happen. It IS happening.

I have been praying (lol) to the Flying Spaghetti Monster for Crown to do a dark show for some number of years. I always thought they'd be able to pull off that ominous 96 Regiment kinda show. I don't think this show is entirely an analog to that one, but it is the darkest Crown has done in recent memory, obviously.

To see them competitively successful with such a show is a dream come true, but I'm not counting my chickens yet. Would love to see them win guard and brass.

Could be if there were 5 goups all within a 50 yard radius of each other. Thats why groups traditionally spread out.

My point is that a drumline simply playing is just as loud as the metronome. If the metronome is a distraction, so is the act of playing if you are that close to the group.

A drumline simply playing is not nearly as loud as a doctor beat.

• Like 2