Official DCI Semifinals Thread 2015

1. yes

2. YES

3. Y E S

ENJOY !

I have also found out that I can be logged in on my computer AND my iPad at the same time. Can't run playback on my iPad so to watch a show again, I go to the computer while my significant other continues on with the broadcast through the iPad/AppleTV combo.

Couple of predictions for tonight:

• Scores at the top should be lower with BD performing with three corps left. Will be interesting to see how much space the judges leave on top
  • This could leave a lot of room for Crown to open the spread but I would bet on BD and Crown being with .2-3 of each other either way
  • Bluecoats up the energy and pass Cadets by .1-.2 with a couple big GE numbers
  • Setting the stage for Cadets to get a little amped up and push tempos even more on finals night
  • Vanguard throws down the gauntlet and judges respond enough to spook the 4th place finisher tonight
  • Blue Stars magically find a shark and a fat lady....

O.K. Going to wear (and do so proudly) my Trooper hat here for just one second.

Putting aside the .5 penalty to BD last night, we have 4 Corps within 1 full point of each other...and people are saying "Anyone of those 4 can still win." Yet, Troop trails Crossmen by .825 (less than the full point of those above), and their chances for gaining the 12th spot are being seen as highly unlikely.

Not sure I understand the logic -- other than the difference between a point over two nights and .825 over one.

Looking at yesterday's recap, I think Troop has a real shot to get to 12 (not saying it is likely). I don't think X-Men will keep such a big gap in guard and two of the GE judges had them ahead. Troop was ahead on the sheets of over half of the judges...

Troopers have a shot.. but its a real longshot. They are 0-18 vs Crossmen in head to head competition this season. So it would be a shocking upset, imo.

After watching crossmen's show in the theaters last night I think that they deserve a spot in the top 12. Does anyone think that the blue stars or Boston could find themselves outside the top 12 or are they basically a lock? I really like the colt's and trooper's shows this year. It must be tough to be a judge.

After watching crossmen's show in the theaters last night I think that they deserve a spot in the top 12. Does anyone think that the blue stars or Boston could find themselves outside the top 12 or are they basically a lock? I really like the colt's and trooper's shows this year. It must be tough to be a judge.

Why would they not make finals? They are 2 points higher than 13th and have consistently beat 12th and lower. Edited by BlueStainGlass

Firstly, I'll admit I don't really know what it's like to be a judge...but somehow, unlike you and I, I don't think judges base their scores on how they "like" a show. At least, I certainly hope they don't.

Having said that, I think a combination of factors can cause Troopers to replace Crossmen at 12th...or even BAC or Blue Stars dropping out of the final 12, though in the case of BAC or Blue Stars that would require them to totally blow their performance. Not likely to happen. With Troopers and Crossmen, all it would take is a few mistakes by Crossmen (maybe a penalty?) and a stellar performance by Troopers.

For me, I'd say Crossmen have the weaker show of the 10-12 placing corps. I'd place Blue Stars 10th, Boston 11th and The Academy 12th. But since The Academy is so far back, I'd lean toward Colts over Crossmen and Troopers. But, that's just me....

Do I think we'll see a change in who makes Finals based on the current Top 12, no, but it sure would make it exciting!