Official DCI Semifinals Thread 2015

Having said that, I think a combination of factors can cause Troopers to replace Crossmen at 12th. With Troopers and Crossmen, all it would take is a few mistakes by Crossmen (maybe a penalty?) and a stellar performance by Troopers.

Don't talk to any Crossmen people about Troopers knocking them out of finals....

1979 (cough)

• Like 2

O.K. Going to wear (and do so proudly) my Trooper hat here for just one second.

Putting aside the .5 penalty to BD last night, we have 4 Corps within 1 full point of each other...and people are saying "Anyone of those 4 can still win." Yet, Troop trails Crossmen by .825 (less than the full point of those above), and their chances for gaining the 12th spot are being seen as highly unlikely.

Not sure I understand the logic -- other than the difference between a point over two nights and .825 over one.

Troop and X-Men were toss-of-the-coin close (certainly could flip around) in most captions, with the exception of Visual, where Crossmen were over a point ahead, particularly in Color Guard where Crossmen placed 6th and Troop 15th, and Visual Proficiency where Crossmen placed 11th and Troop was 14th. Trying to flip that Visual and particularly Color Guard margin around will be tough, but it will be important to at least reduce that gap there. Not impossible but hard to make that point up elsewhere if Visual rankings stays the same.

I'm sure this is answered in a thread specific to DCI Live somewhere but I have a couple quick questions hopefully someone can answer:

1. If you purchase the bundle can you watch on two separate devices as long as you log off one of them? I'd like to watch some at work but then log off and re-log in a personal computer at home.

2. Does it work with Apple? I'd like to stream through Apple TV on the big screen.

3. Can you switch between high-cam and multi-cam or do you have to decide when you purchase the bundle and stuck with that option?

I sure hope there are no or few issues...I expect soooo many people to be logged in to this (which is awesome!).

I've been able to watch on my PC while using the app on my iPhone simultaneously. I have not tried air playing from my iPhone through Apple TV. I don't see why that would not work. Yes, you can switch back and forth from high cam to multi.

I'm sure this is answered in a thread specific to DCI Live somewhere but I have a couple quick questions hopefully someone can answer:

1. If you purchase the bundle can you watch on two separate devices as long as you log off one of them? I'd like to watch some at work but then log off and re-log in a personal computer at home.

2. Does it work with Apple? I'd like to stream through Apple TV on the big screen.

3. Can you switch between high-cam and multi-cam or do you have to decide when you purchase the bundle and stuck with that option?

I sure hope there are no or few issues...I expect soooo many people to be logged in to this (which is awesome!).

I don't use Apple products, so I don't know if you can do this, but I have two monitors on my PC and I've had the high cam feed playing on one monitor and the multi-cam feed playing on the other monitor at the same time. Be aware that puts an added load on your download capability. If your internet speed isn't that great, you'll get lag on one or both of them. Also, the two feeds will probably be out of sync with each other. You'll probably want to disable the audio on one of the feeds.

Troop and X-Men were toss-of-the-coin close (certainly could flip around) in most captions, with the exception of Visual, where Crossmen were over a point ahead, particularly in Color Guard where Crossmen placed 6th and Troop 15th, and Visual Proficiency where Crossmen placed 11th and Troop was 14th. Trying to flip that Visual and particularly Color Guard margin around will be tough, but it will be important to at least reduce that gap there. Not impossible but hard to make that point up elsewhere if Visual rankings stays the same.

Here's how I see it based on who the panel is and assuming equally good performances by both corps.

Crossmen should take all three visual captions.

Troopers should take Brass and MA.

GE 1, GE 2 and Percussion judges will be split within each caption as to who is best.

Crossmen should make it through by a hair.

We'll see what the performance levels are.

Because the Crossmen were penalyzed last year, I see them extra careful for that not to happen this year.

WOO HOO LEGENDS! LOVE THIS SHOW!

What an amazing 10th Anniversary for them, have a blast today! You earned it! The maturity they have this year over previous years is stark, and I think they're one to watch. Have a great show.

I'm in SUPER POSITIVE MODE TODAY GUYS! :babies::w00t::thumbs-up: I love drum corps and I'm gonna focus on what I like today. What an amazing season!!!!!

• Like 2