Official DCI Semifinals Thread 2015

As a Crown alum and homer, I've gotta say... I don't like posting about my drum corps' performance all that often because of obvious bias, but I've gotta say I don't know that the drum corps has put forward a better performance this year, or ever. That was unbelievable.

Be right back, gonna go get my flame suit on.

Well, I'm not a Crown alum or homer, and I agree with everything you said! They were magnificant.

• Like 2

Crown will win gold. Holy ####

The crowd energy was just electric.

ok Reliable rondo...haha

yes it was!!

Is that Bonnie Ott on mellophone? What an awesome solist for BD in the mid 70's. Spoke too soon, there she is in Legend?

• Like 1

Who is this on now?

They are called the Jim Ott ensemble. Not quite Jim Ott level brass playing, but they are having a blast.

• Like 1

And people debate whether adding these new endings makes a difference. When I saw Carolina in Akron early season, I knew they were top 5 good, but with their ending at that time I was not sure if they could climb into top 3. There were a few other changes needed in their show. Ultimately, they seem to have made the right changes and they are the only corps of the top 4 to truly clean the pants off this thing. I think they win Gold tomorrow, and it seems many others do as well.

You almost had to wonder when you saw their show early in the year. There HAD to be something new. I just thought to myself "really...that ending...from crown?...surely there has to be more." And then there was more.

• Like 1

I think that's where they deserved to be at the time. Give credit to the members, directors, and designers for pulling it all together within the last 4 weeks.

I agree 100%. When I saw the show for the first time back at spring training, it truly WAS a 4th or 5th place quality show. I was really worried. But since then they've made all the right changes and it has really paid off. Shame on me for not trusting the staff.

• Like 1

Crown...just wow.

The white cover at the end a la SCV is the icing on the cake.

What a season to be a DCI fan. I am very sad it is coming to an end. Let's hope they're able to sell some videos and CDs so we can relive this.

cd's and bluray are going on my wish list for Santa