Bluecoats performing in 3rd - Can they take advantage?

If the Blue Devils stay in fourth tonight (highly unlikely), they won't win Saturday. This will have to be the most intense performance they give all summer and I imagine they'll be rewarded for it. Were they ever even third at any point this season? That's just a huge shock.

I'm certainly not a 'tween' but I'll be disappointed if BD takes it this year. I just quite frankly don't see how this program/performance isn't placing fourth (or even 5th behind SCV) even without a penalty. While I think the brass sounds amazing and the percussion near the top, I don't think their guard is 1st or 2nd and the GE and overall difficulty just isn't there for me. I really can't stand the kpop segment (there really is nothing difficult about the choreography here IMO) and the guard just has minimal unison work as compared to the rest of the top 4 or 5. The storytelling aspect of it comes across as cheesy and again, takes performers away from difficult equipment work far too much of the show as compared to the rest of the top 5. The field is very cluttered and their classic/impressive use of props we have come to associate them with over the past few years just isn't there.

• Like 1

Imagine if it should come to pass that the Blue Devils don't medal.

• Like 1

I'm certainly not a 'tween' but I'll be disappointed if BD takes it this year. I just quite frankly don't see how this program/performance isn't placing fourth (or even 5th behind SCV) even without a penalty. While I think the brass sounds amazing and the percussion near the top, I don't think their guard is 1st or 2nd and the GE and overall difficulty just isn't there for me. I really can't stand the kpop segment (there really is nothing difficult about the choreography here IMO) and the guard just has minimal unison work as compared to the rest of the top 4 or 5. The storytelling aspect of it comes across as cheesy and again, takes performers away from difficult equipment work far too much of the show as compared to the rest of the top 5. The field is very cluttered and their classic/impressive use of props we have come to associate them with over the past few years just isn't there.

I couldn't agree more.

So BD is out for blood because of the penalty. Coats are out for blood because of coming so close to untied 3rd place. Crown is out for blood because they can taste gold. Cadets are out for blood because they know they've sort of just received two gifts--going on next to last for two nights and managing to barely stay ahead of Coats (and memories of last year).

Well that predicts a lot...

Edited by chris ncsu
  • Like 1

I think they beat the Cadets tonight, but not Crown or BD.

And that would be a no.