OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

Only one corps has performed and I'm already depressed. I love and hate finals.

• Like 5

They are laying a very good foundation in this brass program. With some Crown folks now on staff - and a good season under their belts I bet next year we see this brass line make a big leap up

Now that Coats have moved into more modern/electronic music they "big band" jazz sound Crossmen/Coats were famous for is somewhat open. Crossmen should really pursue a driving jazz show next year with a lot of groove to it

Well done 2015 Crossmen!!

I've been praying for a move back to jazz for years.

• Like 1

There are lots of artificially created sounds that my ears do not respond well to, but the sound of this wonderfully gifted singer's voice in the Crossmen is not one of them. She is terrific.

agree - she's a ringer. If she marches again next year they should feature her again.

GREAT RUN Crossmen!! SA is beaming with pride

• Like 1

No Bones or did I miss him?

Looked everywhere, but didn't see him.

It was already fairly annoying when I heard Crossmen live, but at the theater on Thursday and today on the stream, their synth bass comes across as so heavy. Much of that could be given to the tubas, who often aren't playing.

Also, Rondinaro on Thursday praised the "pure brass sound" in their down-front ballad moment, I sure thought I was hearing synth there, and even though all the pit players are ducked behind their instrument at that time, you could see the synth players hands on their keyboards.

• Like 1

New opening set for the Blue Stars since I saw them in Dublin. They stopped opening the show with the corps hidden behind the stages.