OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

A High School Band Show WON!!!!!!! YEAHHHHH

They were the best band in the field according to the recaps

That was the most lifeless awards ceremony I've ever seen. Just took the air out of the building when Crown got second. Blue Devils are just so good. What they did last year was great for the activity - look what it yielded this year, but there does need to be some parity so to keep audiences coming.just seemed no one did tonight. Just wasn't a friendly judging crew for Crown tonight but the top 4 was awesome. Surprised they all scored so low this year.

except without that odd penalty they were really in second at prelims

this is true but odd or not i always said even bitd a penalty is a mistake ( that shouldnt happen )

either way a great year for drum corps , top to bottom...

Edited by GUARDLING

Yeah , so much for those who insisted that no one goes from 4th in prelims to 1st...never say never..lol

Well, to be fair, BD was ONLY 4th because of a penalty that happened in warm-ups. Their raw score was 2nd. Thinking that they would be 4th in Semis without another penalty would be grossly illogical, and a lack of understanding the fundamentals of the sheets.

Don't get me wrong, ANY corps moving up on Finals night with a great run is magnificent and commendable! It sounds like BD had a great run, and after coincidental goofy logic it's kind of Karma that BD comes from behind and wins for a change (only other two times in post-tick judging history that a corps who did not win Semis either tied or won outright Championship was against BD).

That was the most lifeless awards ceremony I've ever seen. Just took the air out of the building when Crown got second. Blue Devils are just so good. What they did last year was great for the activity - look what it yielded this year, but there does need to be some parity so to keep audiences coming.just seemed no one did tonight. Just wasn't a friendly judging crew for Crown tonight but the top 4 was awesome. Surprised they all scored so low this year.

Scoring tends to be lower when you have a very competitive season like this. It's all about the spreads.

BD had no real competition last year, unlike this year.

Edited by dcsnare93

I said this earlier. I caught a scope from the DCI guy on the sideline during Cadets show. He was very close to the drumline right during a snare feature. It was dirty in multiple spots.

I love Cadets. But I could hear issues on the feed that weren't there the night before. And you could see it in the kids faces in one spot in a close up. They had two significantly rough spots. These lines are so great, and there's such demand. that it comes down to mental at that point. They've done it a billion times. and then something just HAPPENS. Cadets line was GREAT. Just not tonight.

• Like 1

I think the real story is don't change horses(costumes) in mid stream.

• Like 1