OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

Posted Today, 11:22 PM

Zeke, on 08 Aug 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:snapback.png

No way was Crown's CG robbed.

BD's guard is INCREDIBLE, and absolutely deserving of the honor. Crown's guard has been my favorite all year, but the two CG's have been within 1/10 of a point of each other all season. It really could have gone either way, and tonight BD's guard was on top.

I'm gonna have to play the Czapinksi "yellow card" here.

• Like 3

they'll lost NEXT year

I really, really don't think they will though.

My reasoning last year remains: BD has the most consistent staff in the activity, and they have now figured out the sheets so thoroughly that it may as well be science. Until such time as a staff turnover of any real consequence happens there, they will never lose again. They will always attract top players, so the performance captions aren't in doubt. Something else will have to give either through retirement or otherwise. There is zero reason to think they won't 3-peat, then 4-peat and 5-peat and I believe they will do just that.

• Like 1

Hopkins must have nightmares about Bloo.

actually the two organizations are very close - all indications are he is very excited by their growth/success

I would guess he is more disappointed for the members right now - the design let them down in the waning weeks. He needs to rethink the entire guard aspect and really push drill in a new direction next year

they had a terrific season though - nothing to cry over!

• Like 2

A High School Band Show WON!!!!!!! YEAHHHHH

and it may be what cost them the title

EXTREMELY surprised that the Sanford did not go to Cadets or SCV

THAT'S for ###### sure.

Yes because its not like Cadets, BD, SCV, and Bluecoats weren't trading first place percussion scores all season or anything.....

Oh wait...

• Like 1

Well, to be fair, BD was ONLY 4th because of a penalty that happened in warm-ups. Their raw score was 2nd. Thinking that they would be 4th in Semis without another penalty would be grossly illogical, and a lack of understanding the fundamentals of the sheets.

Don't get me wrong, ANY corps moving up on Finals night with a great run is magnificent and commendable! It sounds like BD had a great run, and after coincidental goofy logic it's kind of Karma that BD comes from behind and wins for a change (only other two times in post-tick judging history that a corps who did not win Semis either tied or won outright Championship was against BD).

oh youre right for sure. but either way I have seen things like this happen that even a fluke penalty( still error ) does a corps in. and your last statement is also true. either way a great year all around. seemed like a short season but a long week...lol..at least for me...rest time for a little...lol

Edited by GUARDLING

That was the most lifeless awards ceremony I've ever seen. Just took the air out of the building when Crown got second. Blue Devils are just so good. What they did last year was great for the activity - look what it yielded this year, but there does need to be some parity so to keep audiences coming.just seemed no one did tonight. Just wasn't a friendly judging crew for Crown tonight but the top 4 was awesome. Surprised they all scored so low this year.

I thought last night's judging crew was the one that favored BD?

• Like 3

What a load of CRAP!!

Clean Rehearsals And Performance - you got that right!

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 8