OFFICIAL DCI FINALS THREAD

I am so happy for the Blue Devils. They must have really been smoking tonight! I wish I could have been there! Crown was awesome as well, but was not going down without a fight!

• Like 1

I'm never going to doubt Prosperie's judgement. He calls it as he sees it. The subcaption ties, however, puzzle the hell out of me.

• Like 3

I've been very impressed w/ Bloo's guard this season. As recently as 2013 they were a big weakness for the corps, and are now hanging in the top 3. Good to see Bloo very strong across the board with no apparent weaknesses.

• Like 2

I hope this finally gets the message across to Crown that their decade-long strategy of hiring older, retired percussion staff who've been out of the activity for a while isn't going to work. As long as they keep trying to fix percussion with "safe" people (Beddis, then Hannum, then Aungst), they flat out won't be attracting the talent that they need. Clean the whole staff out and get someone fresh if you want to have any hope here, Crown.

Congratulations to all the drum corps!!! This has been an exciting season.

Heart-broken a bit for Carolina Crown as I really thought they had the title, but a BIG congrats to the premiere organization in DCI, the Blue Devils!! In some ways I am happy for BD, who on so many occasions has dominated a season only to lose to a fan favorite by the slimmest of margins (1988, 2008 especially come to mind). This year they come from behind and win, with a young corps. They are the premiere organization that all the other corps are trying to emulate, and that's a good thing. DCI is healthy with a corps like BD leading the way.

Congrats to the Bluecoats on 3rd place and the Bronze medal. Very nice and well deserved. I still say that Bloo has the most modern show I have seen yet. I do think it will be studied and emulated in some way or another by many over the next few years.

Congrats to the Cadets on that high brass trophy. Well deserved. You had a beastly brass and percussion line all year. I really thought they had the Sanford locked up, too, but performance is a day to day thing and I hear the snares had an off night. fabulous show this year from a musical perspective, and that drill was the most demanding on the field. That may have cost them, and perhaps going black and their guard as well. Whatever it was they just couldn't get the GE to pop. But this is a show to listen to in the car or when jogging. :)

And many congrats to SCV, BK, Phantom, Madison, Cavies, Boston, Blue Stars, and Crossmen on their amazing finals performances.

• Like 7

Congrats Blue Stars 7th in drums!

The Pulse Percussion Team led by Eric Shriver, John Mapes and Ian Grom.